Morning Nightmare

The sun was barely peeking through the curtains when Brooke stirred awake, feeling the weight of the previous night's events pressing down on her. Her eyes cracked open as she stretched her arm above her head, a slight shiver rolled down her spine. She glanced over at Charlotte, who was still asleep, her face peaceful. Brooke sighed softly, slipping out of bed to avoid waking her friend.

She walked into the bathroom, realising she hadn't taken her makeup off last night, her hair was quite messy too. She groaned as she thought about how difficult it will be to remove the black stains from under her eyes. 

In the kitchen, Krystal Levine was already up, her morning routine in full swing. She was preparing breakfast when her eyes landed on the slightly askew towel. Her expression darkened, her meticulous nature unable to tolerate such disorder.

Charlotte woke up a little while later and found Brooke sitting on the edge of the bed, lost in thought. "Morning, Brooke," she greeted, stretching.

"Morning," Brooke replied, managing a small smile.

Charlotte got dressed quickly. "I should probably get going. I gotta take the dogs for a walk." She said. Charlotte didn't live with her parents anymore, she broke that cycle long ago. Brooke wanted so badly to move out, it's not like she couldn't afford it, she was making her own money and there were plenty of houses along the strip. Krystal however couldn't allow Brooke to move out, she felt as though she needed to keep an eye on her, when Brooke was living at home Krystal could watch how much she ate and what she did on a daily basis, she could limit her, restrict her and that was her main goal. 

Brooke nodded. "Thanks for being here last night. I really needed you." she smiled. "Anytime," Charlotte said, giving Brooke a quick hug before heading downstairs. Not forgetting the glass cup which she'd gotten Brooke's water in last night.

As Charlotte reached the kitchen, Brooke's mother was already there. Krystal turned to her, her expression stony. "Good morning, Mrs. Levine," Charlotte said politely.

"Good morning, Charlotte," Krystal replied, her voice cool. "I see you've already helped yourself to my kitchen last night." Charlotte blinked, taken aback. "Um, yes. I just got Brooke some water. I hope that's okay."

Krystal's eyes narrowed slightly. "Next time, please be more mindful of how you leave things This is a house not a garbage dump, i mean i don't know what your mother does however i don't allow my things to just be treated so carelessly." Her voice seemed so stern, she had a knack for being passive aggressive and Charlotte couldn't have felt more insecure at that moment in time. 

She knew Krystal didn't like her mum because they used to be old rivals back in the day, Charlotte's mother was also a model and she was next to Krystal as one of the best.

Charlotte's cheeks flushed. "I'm really sorry about that. It won't happen again."

Krystal nodded curtly. "See that it doesn't." She turned her attention back to her cooking, Monty must've not been awake, dismissing Charlotte without another word.

Feeling uncomfortable, Charlotte quickly turned to leave the kitchen, but as she walked towards the door, she bumped into Evan, Brooke's older brother. The collision was gentle, but it was enough to make Charlotte's heart skip a beat.

"Whoa, sorry about that," Evan said with a charming smile, his blue eyes meeting hers. He looked like he had just woken up, his hair tousled in a way that only made him more attractive.

Charlotte felt her cheeks flush again, but this time it wasn't just from Krystal's scolding. "No, it's my fault," she replied quickly, taking a step back. "I wasn't watching where I was going."