Chapter 9: The Dance(Part 3)

POV: CRICKET RUCHE

Cricket tensed. As Bombardier entered the dance with Aphid, she noticed the unmistakable smirk on his face. Did his threat have something to do with her only, or all the people at the dance? She hoped that he didn't do anything drastic, like blowing up the cafeteria. When they were in kindergarten, Bombardier was very dramatic, and she suspected that that part of him hadn't gone anywhere.

Blue increased his grip on her wrist, and she did the same. Swordtail was dancing with Luna. They watched as Bombardier sauntered over to the grandfather clock and gave a glass to Aphid. He didn't drink anything. Cricket thought this strange. Then Bombardier led Aphid to dance.

Cricket exhaled. She didn't know that she had been holding her breath. She turned to Blue and said, "Want to dance?". Blue nodded, and they made their way to the dance floor. As Cricket spun, she accidentally crashed into Aphid. She heard Bombardier's snarl. She helped Aphid stand, and faced Bombardier. "I'm sorry," she said to Aphid. "Cricket, you were always weird. Did you really think that I wouldn't do anything?" Bombardier whispered. "You don't notice anything except for what you care about."

Cricket paled and turned around to face Blue, and she felt a momentary sense of relief, then she realized something important. Blue wasn't supposed to be lying face down on the floor. She turned around to see lots of people gone, but the most striking fact was that Swordtail was in Luna's arms, with his eyes closed. Luna was frantically slapping his face.

She glared at Bombardier then ran over to Luna, somehow managing that even with her heels. Luna looked up, and cried "Cricket! Swordtail doesn't answer, and where's Blue?". "Oh, Blue is her- WAIT WHERE IS HE?" Cricket whipped around to see Bombardier gone, and Aphid lying face down, where Blue had been. Then she heard the sound of a car starting.

She and Luna ran out and saw a silver Volvo turning a corner. "Jump in," said Luna, gesturing to her car. They jumped in and after many rapid turns and tire screeching sounds later, found the Volvo. They watched as it parked next to an apartment and Bombardier came out of the car, pulling Blue, then disappeared inside. Cricket and Luna immediately followed him. She watched as Luna dialed the police.

"Well, hello," they heard a slimy voice as they entered the building. Bombardier stood inside. Blue was lying on a table, and he had many wires and chips attached to him. "What are you trying to do to Blue?" demanded Cricket. "Cricket," said Luna, poking her arm. Cricket turned to see many people in cages. They each had some cables attached to themselves. There were beakers overflowing, and steaming bowls of square material that Cricket didn't realize at first, then with a horrifying thought, realized it was human skin.

"What is this place?" Cricket tried to make this sound confident, but it came out like a squeak. "Why, this is my personal laboratory, of course. Ahhh, thank you, Alec." The last words were directed to a boy with dark hair, pale skin and green eyes dragging a girl, who Cricket recognized as Moonwatcher Solace. "What is this? I saw you talking with her earlier! Why would you hurt her?" Luna shouted towards the boy, Alec.

"Well, she is my childhood friend, but, Master comes first," said Alec, stone-faced. He sighed and placed Moon on another table. Bombardier immediately started putting cables on her. Cricket slapped his hand away from Moon. "Don't you dare hurt anyone more," she said. "Now, what have you done to Blue?"

"Nothing, except for the fact that I extracted some of his blood, and got his DNA," replied Bombardier. "Alec, you are excused." "Yes, Master," said Alec, walking out of the room, expressionless. To Cricket's relief, she heard sirens outside, then the sound of people walking into the building.

"Hands up. You are arrested under the name of the law," said a cop. "Wait, but what about my Miranda Rights?" questioned Bombardier. Alec nodded along, but he was already handcuffed. "You don't have Miranda Rights," said the cop. "You lost them long ago."

As the cops lead Bombardier and Alec away, Cricket watches with a shriek, "Wait! But how do we rescue Blue?". The cops turned, and asked, "Where did this happen?" "At Jade Mountain High, at the cafeteria," answered Luna. They followed the cops to the cafeteria.

The cops called 911, and they took everybody, including the people at the lab, away.

Cricket and Luna returned to Luna's room. "Can I sleep here tonight?" asked Cricket. "Sure," replied Luna, producing a mattress. The day had turned from nervous to dangerous, then back to nervous in a matter of hours.

Cricket got a message from the hospital, and from the way Luna was reading something on her phone, she did too. It read, 'Blue Anglis has been poisoned. There have been traces of punch and thallium in his blood. A two-week recovery is expected.'

Cricket sagged onto her mattress with relief. Blue was going to be just fine. She decided to go visit the prison. Next morning, she and Luna went to the prison and requested an audience with Bombardier.

"Have you come to rescue me, my dear?" said Bombardier. "I'm not your sweetie," snapped Cricket. "I just came to ask, did you spike the punch, and if you did so, how? Plus, I think you're expelled."

Bombardier gasped, as if the words were like a knife cutting right through him. "Well, the punch bowl is the grandfather clock, so just open the battery part and throw in some poison," said Bombardier with a proud smirk. "Okay, next, why am I expelled? Are you breaking up with me?" he cried.

"First things first, I'ma say the words inside my head, I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been," said Cricket.  "I'm not your stupid girlfriend, can't you get it you dumb***?" she snapped. Bombardier sucked in another breath. "But... you.. you had a crush on me since kindergarten!" he cried, tears in the corners of his eyes.  "No,  can't you get it?" Cricket huffed and walked straight out of the prison. She didn't look back.

1044 words! Did you see the reference from 'Believer' by Imagine Dragons? Cricket gets her drama, and Bombardier wipes tears. Wishing Blue a speedy recovery, the dance is finished.

Please like and comment!

Sincerely,

smiley_faxx :)