Chapter 6: Cricket

POV 6 Cricket Ruche

Cricket was overjoyed. She had just finished her art class, and she had met a new possible friend named Moonwatcher, who preferred to be called Moon. Plus, she was in school. SCHOOL. She loved everything about it. She especially liked the people here. She had met a nice boy called Blue, and a rudely(sort of) energetic boy called Swordtail, and a rude girl named Luna. Nice.

The story of how she met Blue was kind of funny. Blue was running from some hall monitors because they were not fond of Blue's father. An old family feud, maybe? She heard from Blue that they had already put Luna in the detention room. Cricket had helped Blue hide by hiding him in a closet, and putting a wig on him. Then, after that episode was finished, she found some books about the 'Flamesilks'.

The Flamesilks were a basketball team, consisting of Blue's father, and eight other teammates. Forty years ago, the Flamesilks and the Hivewings- another team had competed in a basketball competition in the school. The tension had been intense, from what she had heard from the books. Because of that incident, Blue had almost been beaten up on his first day of school.

From the information that she had gotten while she was at school, the school consisted mainly of ten groups- or cliques, the RainWings, the SeaWings, the Mudwings, the Nightwings, the Sandwings, the Icewings, the SkyWings, the LeafWings, the Silkwings, and the HiveWings. Blue, Swordtail, and Luna were in the SilkWings. She was supposedly in the HiveWings. It was so annoying. Whenever a crisis happened in school, everyone went back to their own friend groups, except for some sophomores who called themselves 'the Dragonets'.

Cricket wished she and Blue and the others could be like that, too. Also, a senior called Wasp was the head of the HiveWing cliques, and she was very persuasive, so she could make anybody in the HiveWing group do what she wanted. Surprisingly, Cricket wasn't affected by Wasp. Maybe she was the only person that saw through Wasp's schemes. Possibly, she was just mental.

Lastly, it was only a day till the dance! She had bought a honey-yellow dress that matched her hair, and her eyes. Nobody had asked her yet, but she had just bought one just in case. She was nervous to enter the dance alone. She really, really wanted Blue to ask her. She was scared that he might ask this girl, Sundew(nicknamed Snudoo, Sundew really hated this nickname). Luckily, Sundew wasn't going, she was going to see a movie with a 'LeafWing', Willow.

She entered the cafeteria for breakfast, suppressing butterflies. Today was Sunday, unfortunately, so she didn't know where Blue was. His hair stood out, azure-blue even amongst the various shades of hair of the students. Jade Mountain High was probably the only school that allowed the students to dye their hair.

Blue waved at her. "Hi, Cricket!" he grinned. 'Blue!' Cricket internally screamed. "Hey," she said casually. "Um, I wanted to talk to you about something," started Blue. "Okay," smiled Cricket. "Will you go to the dance with me?" asked Blue. "Sure!" cried Cricket. "Hey, Cricket," said Bombardier, an annoying person whom Cricket had gone to kindergarten together.

"What?" snapped Cricket. "You're going to the dance with me," said Bombardier. "No, I'm not," said Cricket. "Yup, besides, she's going with Blue here," interjected Swordtail across the table from Blue. "Yeah," agreed Luna. "So it's none of your business," finished Cricket, while Blue nodded.

"No!" snarled Bombardier. He grabbed Cricket's arm, and tried to drag her out of the cafeteria unsuccessfully. To Cricket's gratitude, Luna of all people had put her arms around her and prevented her from being dragged. Luna, who was kind of rude to her. Cricket guessed Luna hated Bombardier more. Bombardier snarled and stalked out of the cafeteria, but not before saying, "You should watch out at the dance, Cricket Ruche."

Cricket sighed. "Thanks, Luna," she told Luna, who had crossed her arms across her chest. "Great job, Luna," said Swordtail, while Blue agreed. "Well, we'll see YOU GUYS at the dance," said Luna with a smirk. "Me and Cricket have some planning to do," she continued. "Cricket?" she extended her hand towards her. Surprised, Cricket stood up and followed Luna out of the cafeteria.

They entered Luna's room. It was a room designed for one person. "So what's up with you and my brother?" asked Luna as soon as they had drinks and sat down on the bed. "Nothing, really," said Cricket, embarrassed. "Come on, I know Blue likes you," poked Luna. "Do you like him too, or are you just toying with him like Sundew did to Mandrake?" she asked again.

"I really like him, really!" cried Cricket. "Okay, good to know," said Luna, all too much like an investigation. "Now, we should plan our outfits for the day," she said. "I'm looking for a green dress with swirls on the waist part," she continued. "You?" "I already have a dress," confessed Cricket. "Where did you buy it?" asked Luna. When Cricket named a dress shop in the mall, Luna cried "What are you waiting for?" and whisked them into her car.

They reached the store just before it closed. Luna somehow found her dress in time, and found matching pairs of heels and jewelry for them. Cricket had honey-colored teardrop earrings with cream-colored heels. Luna had her dress of her dreams, with an anklet made out of jade and lime-green heels.

When they reached the dormitories, Cricket and Luna separated. "See you at the dance," said Cricket. Luna responded with a wave. Cricket jumped up and down. She had exactly 12 hours to prepare for the dance. She needed to sleep, as she would probably spend her night at the dance. She thought about Bombardier's threat. 'He wouldn't do anything because there are teacher chaperones here, right?' thought Cricket. She sighed. Her perfect dream of spending her first high school dance was shattered.

1005 words! Sorry it's so short, the following week is exam week and tomorrow contains an exam as well, but I'll try to update often! The next chapter is going to be the dance. If you have any ideas or requests for ships or content, please comment or message. Thanks for 150 views, 12 votes, and 16 comments.

Sincerely,

smiley_faxx :)