Chapter 13: Kinkajou Rain

POV KINKAJOU RAIN

Kinkajou was dumbfounded, and sad. Her roommate, Carnelian, had been killed in a fire. The chandelier in the history room had fallen and exploded, according to Moon. She wasn't really sure how she knew. Moon had blocked the students' way to the history room, saying that there was a bomb or something inside. Kinkajou was kinda sad, because Carnelian couldn't come to her party. Her funeral would cause her party to be mistimed, so it would have to be delayed.

She was currently in the hospital wing with Moon. Carnelian and Bigtail's charred bodies were laid on top of beds with sheets over them. Her childhood friend, Tamarin, had been injured, too, but not so badly. She went back to wondering about how Moon knew. Qibli came in a few minutes later, asking about whether Moon was okay, and if they saw what had happened.

Honestly, Kinkajou was confident that Qibli had a crush on Moon, and it was developing into more than a childhood crush. She didn't know whether Moon liked him back. The first part of the semester, Moon seemed to be interested in Winter Whitlock, but ever since Winter started hanging out with Carnelian(rest in peace), she started ignoring him.

While she was having these thoughts and Moon's expression got darker and darker, Winter burst into the room. The nurse, Mrs. Asha Cutter, shrieked, "Go away! The patients need rest!" Everybody knew this wasn't true, that there was only one patient who was still alive, and barely. Tamarin wasn't healthy enough to be conscious, let alone know what she needed.

Winter mumbled a barely audible "okay," he seemed like he couldn't see straight. "Moonwatcher!" he shouted. "Come outside, right this instant, or else," came out of his mouth in a low, dark voice. Moon followed quietly, seeming to know what happened. Kinkajou put her ear as close as she could to the door, and fell right through because the door wasn't closed at all. Qibli walked out behind her.

"You knew," seethed Winter. "You knew the chandelier would explode. How did you know?" he demanded. "Did you know that she would die?" It took a moment for Kinkajou to realize that he was talking about Carnelian.

Carnelian had changed Winter in many ways, though. Firstly, Winter had come out of his shell. Winter had always struck Kinkajou as a guy who was lonely and longed for power, because it was his way towards getting attention. Anyway, he didn't succeed, but Carnelian came along and forged an 'aliance' with him, and that made him more outgoing, more talkative, more friendly.

What would happen now since she was gone? Anyway, Winter was moving fast. He wrapped his hand around Moon's wrists, and had her pinned to the wall. Qibli was still, calculating Winter's next move. "You knew. How? Did you make it happen?"

"No," choked Moon. "How did you know? You have time until midnight. Either text or tell me in person," said Winter. He shot a last glare at Moon and ran off, towards the library. "It's okay. But how exactly did you know?" asked Qibli. "There have been rumors that you are, you know, a psychic," he continued. "Not exactly," sobbed Moon. "I can sometimes see flashes of the future," said Moon. 'Is she delusional?' wondered Kinkajou. "Can you read minds as well?" asked Qibli gently.

Okay, moment of truth. Kinkajou braced herself. "Yes," came Moon's answer, heavy as stone.

Thanks for the reads!

Please like and comment!

Cath :D