Chapter 32

3rd person pov:

With all this happening involving the two deans and two of the readers, the girls from Gavaldon were doing their own mischief. Starting their own trouble. And as Sophie sat down across from Agatha on that lunch table holding out a letter for Tedros, she prayed on all her might that this was it, that this was her happily ever after. But who could know except for the girls themselves? Even if a witch and a princess are unlikely friends, are they not still the ones who know each other the most? Agatha, however, only wanted to go home and go back to their normal life as according to her there has been nothing good that has come from their little excursion.

Nothing except her friendship with Yn, but she doesn't know enough about that girl to assume they're close enough to even call themselves friends. So, the two friends chatted until it was the end of break when Sophie reluctantly walked back over the bridge to the school for evil, slowly but surely sealing her fate in this fairy tale. Even if she didn't know it, every time that she walked back into that school a small fragment of her heart turned to the side of evil, towards Rafal's side, but soon enough that would be known to everyone.

Yn pov:

We're so fucked. Dovey basically has fumes coming out of her ears and I think for a moment she might hit Lesso. Like, actually hit her. Lesso, however, seems so damn calm that if I couldn't feel the mental strain it's taking to control her anger, I would probably think she didn't care. But both aren't thinking straight, and this is going nowhere with both just staring at each other like that. Is it a requirement to be stubborn when becoming a dean in this place? I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Can someone say something or are you both just going to stand there and stare at each other? I ask slightly annoyed and with a huff as I stand up from the chair, careful to make sure my pants and shirt are in the correct place as if I wasn't just having the best moment of my life.

Yn, I doubt that Lesso has told you this, but doing these things with her can have very dangerous consequences. Lesso scoffs because she did warn me, and I agreed anyways. Because I love her. Seriously, Dovey has one hell of an ego for a meant-to-be godmother. Despite what you may think of me, I have enough of a heart to tell my girlfriend the risks of being with me, Clarissa. Yeah, I'm so no longer involved in this conversation anymore. I think of you as the Dean of Evil, Lesso, and that does include not having a girlfriend! Seriously, she can't even date anyone?! Seems like a waste, just saying. That's bullshit. I say, surprisingly confident, as I walk forward to be just behind Lesso, not wanting to get into their nearly touching standoff.

Lesso laughs and winks at me sending off another shiver down my spine and between my legs, but Dovey just gapes. You have a foul mouth, just like your brother, and I am still your dean, Yn, so I suggest you listen to me. Fuck that, I'm not listening to this. I would appreciate it if you didn't compare me so similarly to my brother, and Lesso is my dean as well. She said I'm not going, and for today her word goes above yours so I'm listening to her. I am attending her school, after all. I have zero idea where this confidence is coming from, but I'm not complaining. And it is a good point, clearly, she knows it by the way she nods slightly and takes a step backwards from Lesso who also takes a step backwards to be next to me.

If the headmaster finds out, Lesso, I do hope you know what you're getting yourself into. There's only sadness and regret in her voice and for a second I almost hesitate to believe her before I feel Lesso's pinking lightly touch mine. She's right you know. I hate it but she has a point about if the headmaster finds out. I'm so not about to get this taken away because some old man as control issues. Well, then let's make sure he doesn't find out. Easier said than done, but still.

Do stop threatening me Dovey and you might just leave here alive. Lesso's voice drips venom but her finger keeps a gentle hold on mine, so I know she's not that close to killing Dovey. Or maybe she just has really good self-control. No need to make death threats, Lesso, I'll give you until tomorrow to call it off. She is in my school then, and I will not hesitate to tell the headmaster if it saves you and this school from trouble. No fucking way Lesso is about to let Dovey get away with that, and from the way her pinkie's hold on mine tightens she is clearly trying very fucking hard not to kill her. Get out. Now. If Lesso used that voice on me I think I'd instantly die of fear, but Dovey just nods and leaves, the only tell of how scared she is is the shake of her hands.