13

The week went by too fast. We all moved up to the House of Wind for the week so that meetings could be held continuously with no interruptions. I sat in on the meetings but I had nothing to contribute. It's only been a few months since I met my mates and I have not even thought about what my role in the court is.

Cassian, Mor, and Amren were still not thrilled with the plan that Rhys laid out. But that argument ended the day after it had started. Everyone was now focused on how to secure the meeting. All five of them bring up elements to consider and then discuss how to handle it.

This is the final day before Rhys goes to his meeting in the Court of Nightmares. I was on edge and tried my best to sit in on the meeting being held. I lasted all of fifteen minutes in the study before I rose to my feet. All three of my mates looked towards me. Mor and Amren's gazes followed shortly after.

"I'm just getting a little stir crazy," I assured them, "You all continue, I'm going to walk around and stretch my feet."

My mates all nodded. "Call for us if you need anything," Azriel said.

I pushed my way out of the study and walked down the hallway with no plan of where to go. My mind wandered to what I knew about the last war. It was a civil argument about the treatment of mortal humans. This argument divided Hybern and the seven High Lords. Agreements couldn't be settled in meetings and eventually war was raged. It divided the Fae and caused turmoil between courts. Apparently that is what Amarantha is trying to fix. She was sent over here by Hybern to unify the Fae. This seems like a good direction after the intensity of the war. But Rhysand is adamant that there is something more to this.

In my wandering, I found myself entering the kitchen. It was fully stocked and has been since we arrived last week. Trusting that I was here for a reason, I walked up to the cabinet and surveyed the ingredients. In a few moments, I had all the supplies to make brownies pulled out and an apron tied around my waist.

Voices sounded in the hallway just as I pulled the two trays from the oven. I placed the hot trays on cooling racks and turned to see my mates entering the room.

Cassian inhaled deeply and let out a deep groan. "Those smell delicious, baby girl" he said, walking forward and pulling me into his arms. "But you smell so much better."

Giggling, I wrapped my arms around Cassian and squeezed him tight. Azriel and Rhys circled us in their arms and we just stood like that for a while. I relished in the warmth and comfort from my mates.

Eventually, Rhys pulled away and the rest of us followed suit.

"We're going to the training pad upstairs," Rhys told me. "Amren is down in the library. Mor said something about relaxing in the lounge."

"Okay?" I wasn't quite sure why he was telling me this.

Recognizing my confusion, he clarified. "I wanted to let you know where everyone was going to be. So that you can choose what you would like to do."

"I'm all for staying in here with you and we can enjoy these treats" Cassian said.

Azriel bumped into Cassian. "You are coming upstairs to train."

"Can I train?" I asked them.

All eyes turned to me with intrigue and desire. "Hell yeah, baby girl," Cassian cheered.

I laughed at their reactions. "Let me change into something more suitable. Don't let Cassian cut into the brownies. They need to fully cool first."

"Can't I have just a little piece?" He pleaded.

"Absolutely not."

Azriel pulled Cassian by the arm. "We'll meet you up at the training pad."

Rhysand followed me to the suite we were sharing. I walked directly to the closet and pulled out a pair of leggings and a tank top.