Chapter 6

Rainbow's POV :

I felt my pulse racing. What is wrong with me??.

I walked into into the house house and pace around the room.

"Okay what's wrong??", I hear uncle Strike ask.

I cross my arms and look at him. A million thoughts ran around in my head. Why??. Why her??. Why now??. Why why why??!!.

"I made a few friends", I say. Uncle Strike smiled.

"That's great RD", he said.

No, it wasn't great. I groan in frustration. He didn't understand the situation.

"No. It isn't".

Uncle Strike frowned.

"Why??".

"I-I don't know. I feel..... strange around one of them. Her name is Applejack. I-I get this weird feeling when I'm around her. I don't know why I feel this way".

I'm terrified right now. I've had this feeling before but it was such a long time ago that that I don't remember.

Uncle Strike smiled.

"Is she nice to you??", he asked.

I nod. "Yeah. She's nice and protects me and is really cute and-".

I stop myself right there. Did I just say that??. Did I just call her cute??. I could feel my heart racing. I ran my hands through my hair. I couldn't think that. That could only mean.......oh no.

"Nonono. I can't. I can't have a crush on her".

I felt tears rising up.

"I can't. I can't trust her. I can't but I can't help but trust. What is wrong me??".

"Rainbow".

Uncle Strike took me by the shoulders and looked at me.

"I know you're scared kiddo. I know. But if Applejack is as nice and good as you make her sound then I think you can trust her".

Trusting. That was something I stopped doing a while ago. I couldn't trust Applejack.

I shake my head.

"I cant. For all I know she might just be playing with me and then she and the others will hurt me. Everyone does it".

Uncle Strike bit his lip.

"Besides you", I add. I pull him in and hug him. I cried into his shirt.

"I'm want to trust her. I really do but I'm scared. Now I think have a crush on her and I don't know what to do", I cried.

I felt Uncle Strike rub my back.

"Shhh. It's okay. Calm down for me".

I sniffled. Pulling away I wipe my tears. Uncle Strike kneeled down and looked at me.

"Rainbow. I think you can trust your friends. They helped you against the bully. If they wanted to hurt you then don't you think they would have by now??".

I cross my arms.

"Remember what happened with Trixie??".

Trixie was a girl I knew in one of my old schools. She pretended to be my friend. Then a few months later I trusted her enough to tell her my story. She ended up telling the whole school. I came into school one day to have everyone laugh at me and call me names. I ran home and never went back.

Uncle Strike sighed and nodded.

"I do", he said. "Just.....give them a chance. I can tell they're different and wouldn't do anything to hurt you. Just try to be friends with them and the other and see where that goes. Okay??"