Chapter 3

Rainbow's POV

I look up. A boy was looking at me with a grin on his face. He had blonde hair, dark brown skin. He looked like the kind of guy that would get into trouble. I gulped.

"I said are you new here??", he repeated.

I work up the courage to nod my head. I look back down at my desk, clutching my backpack strap nervously. He didn't say anything more for the rest of the class. Ms.Cheerliee had came to my desk. She told me what we were learning that week. She explained all the rules of the classroom like no phones out. When others are talking you don't. Do your best. Stuff like that.

"It's alright of you don't understand some of the stuff", she whispered in my ear. "It's you need any help on anything, you can always come to me".

She pulled away and smiled. I nodded. She stood up and walked back to her desk. I decided to take a quick look around the classroom. Everyone seemed to be in groups.
And of course, I was alone.

Brrrr!!.

I jump. What was that??.

Everyone got up and headed out the door. I sat there and let everyone leave. Once the room was empty Ms.Cheerliee came over to me. She frowned.

"It's okay. That was just the bell. It rings when each period is starting and finished. It rings before school starts and when it finished each day", she explained.

I let out a breath and nod. I could feel myself shaking. Ms.Cheerliee kneeled and looked at me.

"Would you like me to walk you to your next class and talk to your teacher??".

I nod and handed her my schedule. She looked at it. Ms.Cheerliee smiled.

"Alright. Let's go".

I stood up and followed her out of the room and into the hallway. The halls were filled with students. I saw many different kinds of people. Tall, short, guys, girls, nerdy, gamers.

I sighed. I'm not so sure where I belong here. But that's okay. I'll figure it out somehow. One way or another. Weaving through the crowds we came down a hallway and to a room. 124. Math.

We walked in. There were only a few students in the room. I guess that the others were out in the hall. I saw a man sitting at the teacher's desk. I froze. Ms.Cheerliee walked towards him. I stayed close to her, practically hiding behind her.

"Mr.Smart??".

The teacher looked at us. I hid behind Ms.Cheerliee. I didn't like men. They were scary and big.

Ms.Cheerliee looked at me. She smiled at me comfortingly. She turned back to the teacher.

"This is Rainbow Dash. Your new student".

He smiled at me. I didn't say anything back.

"Can I speak with you in the hall??", Ms.Cheerliee asked.

He nodded. We got up and walked out of the room. I saw some students looking at me. I look away and walked out, shutting the door quietly.

I stay behind Ms.Cheerliee.

"Now. Mr.Smart. Rainbow Dash here has a bad past that I think you need to know".

Mr.Smart frowned. He nodded. Ms.Cheerliee explained to him my past and all that awesome stuff. I tuned her out. I didn't like to hear about it.

"Oh".

I looked back at Mr.Smart. He looked at me, a frown on his face.

"I understand. I promise to keep my hands to myself and if there is anything more I can do to make you more comfortable in my class then I'll do it".

I nod. "Okay".

Mr.Smart smiled.

"Well. Let's go in".

I look over at Ms.Cheerliee. She smiled at me.

"It's okay. He won't hurt you", she said quietly.

I let out a breath and nod. Me and Mr.Smart walk into the classroom. The classroom was filled with teens. I gulp and look around.

I looked at Mr.Smart. He leaned in close and whispered, "I hear you like to sit in the back".

I back away a bit and nod, rubbing my arm nervously. He pointed to a seat in the back corner. I thank him quietly and head back there. Sitting down I look up to see a few people looking at me. I look back down and bite my lip.

"Hello class".

I listen to Mr.Smart talk to the class. He spoke to the rest of the class, talking about the lesson. As the others worked I just wrote in my notebook. The class went pretty quick. I found out that Mr.Smart was pretty funny.
He made jokes throughout the class. Even though I didn't trust him I thought he was okay.

The bell rung making me jump. I had remind myself that it was just the bell and took a few breaths.

I look at my schedule and look at my next class. The class was just down the hall. I stand up when the rest was empty. I look at Mr.Smart. He waved at me. I walk out of the room. Stepping into the hall I look around. I walk down the hall to the classroom.

Suddenly I hear a voice.

"HEY RAINBOW FREAK!!!".

I felt someone shove me. I turned around quickly. I saw the guy from English class. He and some other guys stood there. They were most likely his friends.

"Let's get something straight newbie. We run this school. Okay??".

I nod. "Now. Here's how this goes. You are a nobody. If I catch you talking to any of the popular kids here, you'll be sent to the hospital".

I quickly nod. I guess that didn't do any good cuz he gripped my arm. I flinch.

"GOT IT??!!", he yelled in my face.

I could feel the tears rising. His grip hot tighter. My heart racing. I knew this would happen.

"LET HER GO".