Chapter 13

No one's POV:

"No!!".

Rainbow shot up. She was panting. Sweat made her clothes stick to her skin. She looked around the room. She saw Applejack sitting beside her.
The blonde looked at her worriedly.

"Nightmare??".

Rainbow brought her knees to her chest and shook her head.

"I don't wanna talk about it".

Applejack sat there. She looked around the room. They were back at Rainbow's house. Applejack was gunna stay with her and her uncle for a few days. They were excused from school so they didn't have to worry about that. Rainbow was extremely terrified of any litter noise or creak or shadow.

She even jumped a few times at her own shadow. Rainbow was afraid to sleep in the dark or alone. She didn't like to be alone in rooms anymore. Her uncle and Applejack understood and made sure she was with one of them at all times. They didn't want her to have another panic attack.

"It's okay. He smiled not here. It was just a dream", Applejack cooed gently.

Rainbow nodded. She looked at Applejack. She scooted over to her and laid her head on her chest.

"I'm really scared Applejack".

Applejack wrapped an arm around her.

"Shhh. It's okay".

She held Rainbow until she went back to sleep. The teen sighed. She wished she could make Rainbow's father dissappear forever but she couldn't.
--------------------

"I gotta go somewhere".

Rainbow and Applejack nodded. Rainbow's uncle put his jacket on.

"Don't let anyone in and don't leave this house. I'll be back".

He grabbed his keys and walked out of the room. The girls heard the front door close and lock from downstairs.

The girls watched tv for a while until they got hungry.

"You want me ta make some macaroni and cheese??", Applejack asked.

Rainbow nodded. The girls headed down to the kitchen. Rainbow sat down. She watched Applejack cook the food. She looked around nervously. The room was quiet except for the loud tv in the living room.

Applejack served them. The two talked while they ate. Well, kinda talked. Rainbow was very quiet. Applejack noticed and frowned. She looked at The younger girl.

"Rainbow??. Talk ta me. What's in your mind??".

Rainbow looked at her. She sighed.

"I just....... I don't know what to do".

Applejack got up. She walked over to Rainbow and kneeled down in front of her.

"I-I thought I finally got away from him for good. I thought that I was finally gunna have a normal life with just me and my uncle".

Rainbow laughed half-heartedly

"And I'm finally happy. I finally made friends for the first in my life. For the first time, I'm happy and I thought....".

A tear ran down her cheek. She wiped it away and turned around to look at Applejack.

"And I thought everything was gunna be okay for the first time in my life. But he messes it up. I can't ever be happy. I can't have a happy life. When he's around I can't smile, no laughter, no happiness, nothing good comes to me, all because of him".

Rainbow quickly walked up to Applejack and grabbed her shirt.

"Kill me".

Applejack raised an eyebrow. Rainbow sniffle, tears in her eyes.

"Just kill me. I can't do it anymore. Can you work a gun??".

Applejack's eyes widened. She grabbed Rainbow by the shoulders.

"Ah am not goin ta shoot you Rainbow. Snap out of it!!".

Rainbow suddenly got angry.

"WHY??!!. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST DO THIS ONE THING FOR ME??!!. YOU WANT ME TO BE HAPPY, DON'T YOU??!".

Applejack nodded. "Coarse ah do. But killin yourself ain't gonna do any good. Ah wouldn't want you gone. The girls would be heart broken. Ah would be ah mess. Don't do anythin' stupid".

Rainbow calmed down. She leaned her forehead on Applejack's chest.

"I hate my life".

Applejack wrapped hers around her. Rainbow flinched and looked at her. She relaxed after a moment.

"Sorry", she said.

"Don't be. Rainbow ah know you're upset and mad and scared. Very scared. Ah am too. But you gotta keep your head straight. Now, ah don't wanna hear you say another word about killin yourself, got it??".

Rainbow sighed and nodded. "Yeah".

Applejack's kissed her forehead.

"It's gonna be alright. Just stay right here with me".

Rainbow snuggled up to her. She sighed. "My life sucks".

Applejack rubbed her back.

"Shhh don't think about that. Just relax", Applejack said.

Rainbow sighed and relaxed. The girl went over to the couch and laid down. Rainbow felt an arm around her waist. She laid with her back against Applejack's chest. Rainbow could feel the butterflies in her stomach. She hoped she wouldn't blush.

She felt relaxed. But she had this nagging feeling something wasn't right. She felt her heart pick up speed.
She sat up.

"What's wrong?", Applejack asked.

Rainbow looked around.

"I don't know. I-I have this weird feeling something isn't right".

Applejack sat up. She looked at the other teen worriedly.

"It's probably nothing", Rainbow said. "I-Im probably just overreacting. Forget I said anything".

Applejack got up.

"C'mon. Let's go ta your room".

Rainbow got up. They walked upstairs to Rainbow's room. The girls got into Rainbow's bed and laid down. Rainbow closed her eyes. She fell into a sweet dream in Applejack's arms.