ELEMENTAL spy's: The hang out

A/N:heyyyyy guys I couldn't sleep for the past 8 days so I started to write. And there will be a new book written by yours truly (drum roll. ) me!!!! (I think my writing is improving what do y'all think?) also I'm running out of names for these chapters.

Back to the story. Next part of the Flash back.

______ Axel's POV_______

"As I walked down the dimly lit hallway, the smell of old lockers filling my nostrils, I couldn't help but smile thinking about Ragely. Two days before the holidays, and we were going to spend them together - well, sort of. I mean, it's not a date... just a hangout. But my heart raced at the thought. What can I say? I'm head over paws in love. But does he feel the same? I doubted myself, wondering if I'm even worth liking.

I reached my locker, grabbed what I needed, and double-checked that it was closed. My notebook, filled with secrets and regrets, was safe. Then, an eerie silence fell over the hallway. Too quiet. My tail twitched as I scanned the empty corridor, my ears perked up, and my whiskers trembled. School was over, and I was alone. Or so I thought.

'Hello?' I called out, my voice echoing off the lockers. Only silence replied. Suddenly, a loud crash came from the 8th graders' classroom, making me jump. My heart raced faster, pounding in my chest like a drum. Footsteps echoed from the hallway, heavy and deliberate, coming closer. Panic set in, my knees weakening, and my paws feeling like jelly. One thought screamed in my mind: "What do I do!"

I began walking slowly backwards, my senses on high alert, my eyes fixed on the darkness ahead. Each step creaked, echoing off the walls. My breath came in short gasps, and my chest rose and fell rapidly. The footsteps stopped. The silence was oppressive, heavy with tension. I froze, my ears straining to pick up any sound. And then, I bumped into something hard, no, someone! I spun around, my heart skipping a beat, and screamed.

But then when I realised a familiar appearance the dark purple fur,the silver eyes and  yellow stripes. My heart rate started to slowed down. It was only Ragely.

Ragely's expression remained stoic, his silver eyes gleaming with a hint of amusement. "You're jumpy, Axel," he said, his voice low and even.

I felt a flush rise to my cheeks as I realized how overreactive I must have seemed. "Yeah, sorry about that," I muttered, trying to play it cool.

Ragely raised an eyebrow. "You're shaking like a leaf," he said, his tone devoid of emotion. "What's wrong?"

I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. "Just a little spooked, I guess," I said, trying to downplay it.

Ragely's gaze lingered on me for a moment before he nodded curtly. "Let's get out of here, then," he said, turning to leave.

I followed him, feeling a bit disappointed by his aloof demeanor. Where was the warm and caring Ragely I had grown to love? This cold and distant version was unsettling.

As we walked, the silence between us grew thicker than the snowflakes falling around us. I tried to break the ice, asking him about his day, but his responses were brief and lacking in enthusiasm.

What was going on with him? Was he okay? I wondered, feeling a pang of concern.

We reached the café, and Ragely pushed open the door, gesturing for me to enter. I did, feeling a bit apprehensive about what was to come.

Would he finally open up to me, or would this cold facade continue? I hoped it was the former, for my heart's sake.

Word count:626