Chapter 12

Raphael ' s

She used to call me by my second name which is Raphael or Ralph.

Ishaan'

There's only one person I want calling me that—no other than my girlfriend, Elvira Dianna.

Last night, I heard someone call me by that name again, but it wasn't Elvira; it was Zoe.

I dislike it when anyone other than Elvira calls me by my first name, but when Zoe called me that, I felt something strange, and I didn't like it.

I observed her quietly, my usual detached demeanor masking the inner turmoil I felt. She used to be so infatuated with me, and now, seeing her distant and indifferent, I couldn't help but be curious about what had caused this shift.

It wasn't that I cared deeply about her feelings-emotionally investing was never my forte-but her sudden change intrigued me. She was a puzzle I couldn't quite solve, a mystery that gnawed at the edges of my consciousness.

Had I underestimated her feelings before? Was there someone else who had captured her attention, prompting this newfound indifference towards me? Or perhaps it was simply a matter of her evolving priorities and interests, things I had never bothered to explore or understand.

As I continued to watch her from a distance, a part of me wanted to unravel the reasons behind her transformation. Not out of concern or affection, but out of a cold, calculated curiosity. Understanding her change could provide insights into human behavior-insights that might prove useful in the future.

Yet, despite my indifferent façade, a small flicker of uncertainty stirred within me. I didn't like not knowing, and her transformation unsettled the carefully constructed world I inhabited. For now, I would continue to observe, analyzing her actions with detached interest, while silently questioning the reasons behind her sudden change.

"Bakit parang ang laki ng galit sakin ng kuya mo." Tanong ko kay kath.

"Pano mo naman nasabi?"

Kasalukuyan kami ngayong nasa garden nila, nakaupo sa bench habang pinapanood ang mga nagliliparang paro-paro g. eyy!

"Ang sama lagi ng tingin sakin eh." Tuwing nagkakatinginan o nagkakasalubong kami lagi niya akong tinignan ng masama. "Kagabi nga nung tinawag ko siya sa pangalan niya, biglang nagtangis ang bagang niya."

Humarap ito. "Anong itinawag mo sa kanya?"

"I call him by his name.. Ishaan." Balewalang sagot ko, nanlaki naman ang mata nito.

"Hala ka! he hate it when somebody calls him that name." Tinignan ko naman ito.

"Bakit naman eh yun naman ang pangalan niya diba?"

"Yeah... pero iisang tao ang pwedeng tumawag sa kanya non, which is si ate Alvira, girlfriend ni kuya." Humina ang boses nito.

May girlfriend na pala siya.

"O-oh eh nasan siya ngayon?"

Malungkot ako nitong tinignan. "2 years ago she had an accident, at sa kasamaang palad, she didn't make it." Natutop ako sa kinauupuan. "And since then... Kuya doesn't like it anymore when someone calls him by his first name."

I can't help but feel a pang of sympathy for him. After knowing about his past relationship with his ex-girlfriend, and now that I've heard about her passing, I understand now why he's feeling this way. It's never easy to lose someone you once cared deeply for, even if time and circumstances have changed.