Chapter 41 - Aaron

"Last one" I say as I set the heavy box on the floor

"I finished the closet" Ally announces proudly as she comes out of the bedroom

"You're a savior" I reply as I pull her in for a kiss.

I was avoiding setting up my part of closet ever since we moved in, so about a month. That was because I always had to pack and unpack my go-bag, so I was pushing back actually placing them in closet. I mean we are still moving in and setting up everything but it's mostly done.

We started looking to move ever since the whole stalking case was over. Neither of us were comfortable in our old place anymore. So we decided that it's time to buy our first home together. And this time it is perfect for us.

Ally didn't want a big house because we'd be gone working mostly, so it would be hard to keep up with it. That's why we agreed on looking for bigger apartments. And eventually, we found a really nice penthouse close to town. It has a big living room and kitchen area, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, additional private roof space which is the perfect place for my brand new grill and future cookouts, and a breathtaking view.

We were very lucky to find such a good place so quickly. Ally suggested that could be a sign that this is the right move for us, and I absolutely agree. I want nothing else than to spend the rest of my days here with her.

"What do you say we make tonight the night we use the terrace for the first time?" I suggest

"You can't wait to try out the new grill, can you?" she smiles

"I am excited about it" I confirm

"Ok, then, it sounds like you are in charge of dinner"

"Yes, ma'am" I reply and kiss her.

"Don't call me that. I'm much younger than you" she chuckles as she hits my chest playfully

"Alright. Forgive me, doll" I say as I start kissing her neck

"Much better".

We part ways and she proceeds to open the box I just brought as I start dinner preparations. We get carried away with our tasks and don't really see each other in the meantime. So I make the decision to decorate the terrace a bit with a few pillows, small lights and candles since the sun has started to set.

Ally comes up to eat at the perfect time. We get to watch the sunset and have dinner under the stary sky. This is our first real date in our new home and it really can't be any better.

The only thing bothering me is that little square box in my pocket that feels like it burning a hole into my leg from the moment we sat down. I keep that ring on me all the time, because if I hide it she might find it. I feel safer that way.

But I would be lying if I said I'm not anxious. I know we love each other, I know I want this more than anything. Ally has dropped subtle hints that she is ready here and there during the passed month. However, when I think back at those moments I wonder if I'm right, or if I'm misinterpreting her words. I'm a damn profiler, I should know for sure.

I earn myself some time by insisting I get the plates inside and put them to soak in the sink. I take one more moment to come up with a reason I should propose; I find none.

When I return outside, I find Ally standing by the railing as she looks at the view.

"Can you believe this might be our life for many many years to come?" she asks

"I can" I smile, my eyes never leave her form.

She turns to look at me. "Do you think you'll ever get tired of it?" she wonders