𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 - 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐀

Hi loves and welcome to chapter 7! Also, happy 1K on the book! I can't say enough how grateful I am that you are reading this book! Let's go for the 2k and hopefully more readers and ofc spectacular chapters!🩷🫶🏽

Here's an extra long chapter and damn I think y'all will like this one 🤭 go in the bath, grab a glass of wine or eat a cookie and enjoy Elsie moving to CALIFORNIA

Don't forget to share love by liking and commenting 🫶🏽!

𝐄𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
120 hours ago

I heard my doorbell ringing and rushed to welcome Lily and my parents inside. It was early in the morning, the day I would leave my beloved British town. My flight was set to depart around noon, with an expected arrival in Los Angeles at about three P.M tomorrow.

It was going to be a long journey, and while I was positively excited, I couldn't help but think about how much I'd miss a proper bed and a great bathroom. Sitting for eleven hours on a plane, surrounded by the smell of various passengers and less-than-appealing airplane food, wasn't exactly thrilling. But the thought of my brother waiting for me at the arrivals area made it all worthwhile.

I hadn't seen him in person for a year, which was crazy considering how close we had always been. I couldn't wait to catch up and settle in. The idea of "Elsie the American" still sounded surreal.

"Are you ready?" Lily asked, hugging me from the side. I looked at her and sighed sadly. I was going to miss her so much. Lily had always been my first aid kit for everything. Who would I watch crazy movies with now? Who would give me reality checks on my stupid moves? Lily knew me best, and I couldn't imagine surviving without her.

Luckily, in this era of video calls and easy long-distance communication, we still can catch up and we had already planned our visits. Lily would take a vacation to Los Angeles to see me, and I couldn't wait for that.

I nodded and hugged Lily tightly. My father loaded my suitcases into the car, while my mother and Lily made sure I had everything I needed.

My parents promised to visit my house often to take care of my plants and check on things. They could use my place as their own since it was closer to the city than theirs. My home was their kingdom now to take care of.