𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 - 𝐓𝐞𝐧 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐮𝐨 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢

Hi loves and welcome to Chapter 10!! Aaaah!

Sorry for the long wait, I had such a busy week with working that I didn't had the time to finish the chapter but we are here again! And oh—. Let me give you some advice, things are going to get spicy so read it on your own! ❤️ This whole chapter is about one-day activities! So a lot is happening on that day 👀

Thank you for the wait and have fun reading! As always let me know what you think ✨

Elsie's POV
June 22, 2023

I yawned, stretching my arms as I made myself a strong cup of black coffee. The aroma filled the room, signaling the start of another busy day. My laptop and notepad were already laid out on the dinner table, ready for the work ahead. Today was significant—I had my first meeting with my supervisor, Henry, to discuss the progress of my Billie project. He must have seen the tabloids plastered with pictures of Billie and me. The mix of excitement and nerves churned in my stomach. Was this a good sign or a cause for concern?

I was about to find out soon.

With three hours to spare before our meeting, I decided to tackle the growing pile of emails from brands eager to send me their products for review. I always scrutinize these offers, they must align with my values and lifestyle. I don't want my followers to think I'm promoting anything I wouldn't genuinely use myself.

As I ran my fingers through my straight hair, I watched my inbox flood with new messages. My following had skyrocketed since Billie and I became public. Every major brand wanted to send me PR packages, request photoshoots, or offer ambassador roles. It was overwhelming. I probably needed a manager to help me sort through it all, but I wasn't earning enough yet to hire one.

Fortunately, I'm good at managing my schedule, though it demands strict adherence to my plans. Cracking my knuckles, I dove into the emails. My agenda was bursting with additional tasks beyond my regular job as a journalist. But I thrived on hard work, a trait I inherited from my dad.

Two hours later, I had just one hour left before my call with Henry. I held a bowl of yogurt and gazed at my brother's beautiful garden from the doorway, my mind preoccupied with the upcoming conversation. What should I tell Henry? "Hello, I fell in love with Billie—oops?" No, I needed something more professional. The nerves made my stomach twist.