Chapter 58 - The Decision

Rimuru POV

Cynthia's fingers tapped against the polished mahogany desk, the rhythmic tapping betraying her palpable excitement. Her piercing eyes shone with anticipation as she leaned forward, her gaze locked on mine.

"So, have you finally made your decision?" she asked, her voice tinged with a hint of impatience.

I let out a weary sigh, already feeling a twinge of regret at the choice I was about to reveal. The plush leather chair creaked beneath me as I shifted uncomfortably, the weight of the decision heavy on my shoulders. "Yes, Cynthia. I have decided to become a regular professor, as you wish."

A triumphant smile spread across Cynthia's face, her perfectly manicured nails stilling on the desk. "Oh, I knew you'd accept that. You have so much knowledge to offer, and the students will benefit greatly from your expertise."

She rose from her chair, the soft fabric of her designer blouse rustling as she moved with an effortless grace. Crossing the spacious office, Cynthia reached into a nearby cabinet and retrieved two sets of keys, jingling them in her hand as she returned to the desk.

With a flourish, she handed the keys to Art and me, the cool metal contrasting against my warm palm. "I've already prepared offices for both of you. They are conveniently located next to each other, with a connecting door. It used to be one large office, but we divided it into two," Cynthia explained, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

As Art and I exchanged a glance, a silent understanding passing between us, he spoke up with a hint of enthusiasm in his voice. "It's alright with me. In fact, sharing a workspace might be beneficial for both of us, right Ri?" he remarked, his gaze meeting mine.

I nodded in agreement, realizing the potential advantages of a shared office space. Cynthia's enthusiasm seemed to grow as she witnessed our mutual consent. "Wonderful! Now, let's discuss the division of classes. We need to decide who will take on the Mana Manipulation class and who will handle another course," she continued, her tone businesslike yet brimming with excitement.

Without hesitation, I declared, "I'll take over the Mana Manipulation class."

Art leaned back in his chair, contemplating his next move. "And what about me? I was thinking about a class focused on combat."

Cynthia's perfectly arched eyebrows raised, consideration etched on her features. "Well, we do have Professors Glory and Jackson who delve into team combat and individual combat, respectively. However, they primarily teach the upper division classes. Perhaps you can take on the lower division class?"

Art's lips curled into a confident smirk, his eyes gleaming with determination. "Hmm, I'll take the individual combat class for the lower division. I've always been more skilled in fighting alone rather than relying on a team."

Cynthia nodded approvingly. "Good, I can't wait to see what you get done." She turned her attention to me, her gaze softening slightly. "Ri, your class time will be as usual, or would you prefer to change the time?"

I shook my head in denial. "Thank you, but I think I'll keep my class time as it is. It's been working well for the students so far, and I don't want to disrupt their schedules too much."

"As for you, Art, we will announce about your class a week from now until we prepare things for you. Is that okay?" Cynthia asked.

"Yes, no problem." Art nodded.

Cynthia smiled, pleased with our decisions. "Excellent. I will make the necessary arrangements for you, Art. And Ri, I will inform the students of your continued class time. This is a wonderful opportunity for both of you to contribute your expertise to our academy."