making friends

sorry for all of the photos in advance ignore them if you want your own imagination

The early morning air was crisp as I stepped out of my moms car and said goodbye and walked into the terminal of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. The sky was still dark since it was 4 in the morning. I felt a mix of excitement and nerves in my stomach as I scanned the entrance for Madi.

I spotted her standing near the check-in counters, her suitcase by her side with her backpack and a coffee cup in hand. She looked up when she saw me, giving me a tired but genuine smile.

"Hey!" I called out, dragging my own suitcase over to her. "are you ready?"

"fuck no, this is insane" she replied, handing me a coffee. "Thought you could use this."

"you're a lifesaver" I said, taking a sip. The warmth and caffeine helped wake me up a bit more. "I can't believe we're actually doing this."

"I know, right?" Madi laughed softly. "It still feels a bit surreal."

We checked in our bags and made our way through security, chatting about last-minute details and the excitement of starting fresh in Los Angeles. The terminal was busy with early morning travelers, but we found a quiet corner near our gate to sit and wait for boarding.

"So, any last-minute jitters?" Madi asked, glancing at me over the rim of her coffee cup.

"A few," I admitted. "But mostly, I'm just excited. This is what we've been talking about for months."

"Yeah," Madi agreed, her eyes brightening. "we are gonna live our best lives"

When our flight was called, we joined the line of passengers boarding the plane. Settling into our seats, I felt a rush of anticipation. This was it—the start of our new adventure.

The flight was smooth, and before we knew it, we were descending over the city of Los Angeles. 

As we stepped off the plane and into the LAX terminal, the energy of the city hit us immediately. The airport was alive with activity, and the sunshine streamed through the windows, making a walkway for us to strut on.

"now where's the hot girls" Madi said, her voice filled with awe and excitement.

"shut up Madi" I replied, grinning. "Let's go find our new home."

We grabbed our bags and headed to the designated pickup area for our Uber. The driver, a friendly woman named Carla, helped us load our luggage into the trunk before we climbed into the back seat.

"So, where to?" Carla asked as she started the car.

I gave her the address of the apartment we'd be sharing. 

As we drove through the city, Madi and I took in the sights—the palm trees, the busy streets, the eclectic mix of architecture. It was a far from the suburbs in Minnesota, and I couldn't help but feel a thrill of excitement at the thought of exploring this new environment.

When we arrived at our apartment building, Carla helped us unload our bags. We stood on the sidewalk for a moment, looking up at the building that would be our new home.

"Why is this so nice" Madi said, her voice tinged with both excitement and a bit of nervousness.

"because we are boujee" I echoed, taking a deep breath. "Ready to check it out?"

"duh" Madi replied, grabbing her suitcase. "hurry up"

We made our way inside and up to our apartment. It was a cozy, sunlit space with large windows overlooking a tree-lined street. As we walked through the rooms, I could already picture how we'd decorate, the memories we'd make here.