swim

Malia's pov

When I arrived at the studio, I found the set buzzing with the usual morning activity. Crew members walked around, setting up for the day's shoot. I dived into my tasks, trying to keep my mind focused on the day than anything else.

It wasn't long before I spotted Billie. She was across the lot, talking with a couple of the other crew members. She looked up, our eyes meeting across the distance. There was a brief pause before she excused herself from her group and started walking towards me.

"Hey," Billie said when she reached me.

"Hi," I said.

"You okay?" Billie asked, her eyes searched mine.

I looked in her eyes then slowly drifting down to her lips. I licked my own, trying to ignore the thoughts running through my mind.

"Yeah," I answered.

Billie caught the movement. "Whatcha looking at?" she smirked.

"Uh- nothing"

"Go to work," she said, giving my shoulder a gentle push.

"Okay, okay, fine. You too," I laughed.

"Shush," Billie smirked as I turned to walk away.

As I made my way across the set, I couldn't help but look back over my shoulder, catching one last look at Billie before diving back into the day's work. My mind was racing with what had just happened, but I forced myself to stay focused even though I need to kiss her.

Kari called me over. She had a new set of tasks for me, ones that required a bit of extra responsibility.

"Malia, I need you to look over the setup for tomorrow's early scene. I trust you know what needs to be done," she said, handing me the clipboard.

"Absolutely, Kari. I'm on it," I responded.

After a long day on set, where each task seemed to stretch longer than usual, filled with anticipation for the conversation I hoped to have with Billie, I finally finished up. The studio began to empty as people wrapped their work for the day.

With a deep breath to gather my courage, I walked towards Billie's trailer.

Reaching her trailer, I paused outside, taking a moment to collect my thoughts and calm the flutter in my chest. Then, with another breath, I knocked lightly on the door.

Billie opened it almost immediately, as if she had been waiting. Her expression lit up when she saw it was me.

"Hey, Malia," Billie greeted, leaning on the door frame. "What's up?"

"Hey," I smiled, feeling a bit more at ease. "I was just wondering what you're doing tonight?"

Billie's smile widened "I was just going to order some food and watch a movie. You want to join me?" She asked.

"That sounds perfect," I replied "I could use a good movie and some downtime."

Billie led the way as we walked in the empty parking lot to her car.

As Billie started the engine, she glanced over at me with a slight smile. "Do you want to stay the night?" she asked.

"Sure," I replied, my gaze inadvertently dropping to her lips before meeting her eyes again. "But I'll need to grab some clothes."

We walked up to my apartment, as we opened the door, the expectation of just getting my things was interrupted by the sight that greeted us.

Kaia sat on the kitchen counter, a bowl of something steaming beside her, while Madi bustled around the stove.