go to bed

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I asked Billie while she sat down on the couch.

"I'm good, thank you," she replied.

I sat right next to her on the couch, unable to contain my curiosity any longer. "So why were you staring at me?" I asked.

"You're really thinking about this, huh?" she said, smirking at me.

"Well, you ARE famous famous," I said.

"So, what do you know about me already?" Billie asked, leaning back and studying my face.

"You're hot, you're always winning award shows, and your brother is Finneas," I told her.

"I'm hot?" she said, raising an eyebrow.

"Girl, the whole internet talks about it all the time," I rolled my eyes.

"So you really don't know much, huh?" she smiled.

"I think it's weird to know too much about someone you don't know," I told her.

"You never had a celebrity crush?" she said, tilting her head.

"I never said that," I replied.

"Who was yours?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Clairo. I even had a fan page for her," I told her.

"You're joking. Like, Claire Cottrill? You know I know her, right?" she said.

"You're a liar," I laughed.

"One second," Billie said as she started to go through her contacts on her phone.

"No! Billie!" I tried to grab her phone, but she evaded my reach.

The phone started ringing. "BILLIE!" I tried to fight her for her phone but ended up half laying on her.

"Hey, what's up!" Claire's voice came through on FaceTime.

I put my head down in embarrassment. "So my friend Malia is a big fan of yours and—" Billie started.

"Billie," I cut her off.

"What?" Billie said, feigning innocence.

"Give me the goddamn phone," I told her.

"Hi," Claire laughed.

"So sorry for Billie," I said, putting my hand on Billie's shoulder. "But hi."

"Hey, not my fault," Billie said, smirking.

"I met you years ago in Minneapolis and I just want to say I'm so excited for the new album," I told Claire, feeling my face flush.

"You have to send me a photo! I'll follow your Instagram so you can send me it," Claire said.

"What," I said in shock.

"What's your name?" Claire laughed.

"Malia," I told her.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Malia," she said.

"Uh huh... yeah, nice to meet you too," I stammered, handing Billie back the phone.

"I miss you, we have to hang soon," Billie told Claire.

"Yeah, totally," Claire said.

"I have to go make sure Malia isn't going to have a heart attack, so I'll talk to you later," Billie said, then hung up the phone.

I sat back, still processing what just happened. "oh...my...god" I covered my face.

"huh?"

"billie i'm gonna beat you up"I pushed her shoulder