first day part 2

As Kari wrapped up the table read, the actors started to drift away, their conversations fading into the distance. I approached Kari with a smile. "Do you guys need any help putting anything away?"

Kari looked relieved. "Actually, yes. Could you help me fold the table?"

"Sure thing," I said, following her over. we folded the table legs, making quick work of the task.

"Thank you, Malia," Kari said as we finished. "I know it wasn't much, but I appreciate the help."

"You're very welcome," I replied, adjusting the table to ensure it was secure.

Kari looked at me warmly. "If you have any questions or need anything, you've got my number. Just shoot me a text."

"Got it," I said, feeling a bit more confident as I headed outside. The cool evening air greeted me as I walked to my car. I hopped in, relieved to have made it through my first day.

"Hey!" I heard a voice call out.

I turned to see Billie running toward me. I rolled down my window.

"Hey..." Billie caught her breath, leaning slightly into the open window.

"Hi, Billie," I said with a laugh, my gaze drawn to her eyes.

"What's your name again?" she asked, her expression curious.

"Malia," I replied. "Why?"

"Nothing," she said, beginning to walk away. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Wait, Billie," I said, reaching out and accidentally grabbing her arm. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to—"

Billie's eyes twinkled as she looked at me. "Malia," she said, rolling her eyes but smiling.

"Why were you staring at me earlier?" I asked, teasingly.

"I don't think I know what you're talking about," she said, her smile widening.

"Uh-huh," I said sarcastically, raising an eyebrow.

Billie shrugged. "I stare off sometimes."

"So your eyes just happened to choose to stare at me?" I pressed, still amused.

"Okay, bye, Malia," Billie said, smiling as she started to walk away.

"Bye, Billie," I said, laughing. I rolled up my window, watching her walk off with a mix of curiosity and delight.

As I drove away from the studio, I couldn't help but smile. The day had been full of unexpected moments, and meeting Billie had definitely been a highlight.

"Hey, how was your first day?" Madi asked, barely glancing up from the screen.

"bitchhh" I said, dropping my bag by the door and plopping down next to her. "You won't believe who I met today."

"Who?" she asked, munching on her yogurt parfait.

"Billie Eilish," I said, trying to not freak out.

Madi paused, her spoon halfway to her mouth. "Yeah, right," she said, rolling her eyes. "You're messing with me."

"I'm serious," I insisted. "She was at the table read for 'A Desire'. We even talked after, and she ran up to my car as I was leaving."

Madi gave me a skeptical look. "You're really going all out with this joke, huh? Next, you'll tell me you're best friends with Timothée Chalamet."

I sighed, leaning back on the couch. "I'm not joking. She even asked my name and everything."

Madi laughed, shaking her head. "Okay, okay. Sure, you met Billie Eilish."