the party

i'm sorry for all of the povs btw but it was needed

A week later...

Billie's party is tonight, and Madi was more excited than ever.

"We have to get outfits for Billie's party today," Madi said as she looked through her closet.

"Yeah, I know, but I don't know if I really want to go," I confessed, feeling a mix of nerves and hesitation about the whole thing.

"Come on, you have to," Madi insisted.

"If I can't find an outfit, then I'm not going," I stated.

"Well, what you're going to do is at least look for one," Madi rolled her eyes. 

"Where are we going shopping?" I asked, thinking about the shopping trip but still not entirely on board.

"Um..." Madi scratched her head, thinking. "We can go to the mall?" she sounded unsure.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes "I'll get my shoes on," standing up from the edge of the bed.

I stood in line waiting for my drink with Madi at a small boba shop in the middle of the mall. "Oh my god," Madi muttered under her breath, her eyes locked on someone across the room. "Who is that?" she smirked.

"Go ask her for her number," I nudged her toward the girl walking past.

Madi walked up to the girl and walked back a few seconds later, looking disappointed.

"What happened?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"She's straight," she laughed.

"She's a liar," I side-eyed her, not entirely convinced.

"I'll find someone better anyways," she said confidently.

"I know that's right," I grabbed my drink, put the straw in, and started walking.

"Wait, let's go in here," Madi suddenly pulled my sleeve, dragging me into a store. I headed to the women's section while Madi looked at the men's. I grabbed a few options to wear and found Madi on the other side. "So, I think I need help," I said.

"Go try it on, dumbass," she laughed.

I walked to the back where the dressing rooms were and tried on a few options while Madi sat on the bench outside. "Okay, this one?" I opened the door.

"I would walk past you if I didn't know you... next!" Madi said.

"Damn," I covered my mouth and went back inside. I tried on another option and looked in the mirror, then walked out to show Madi. "This one makes my boobs look good," I said while looking down.

"Yeah, it does, but the bottoms aren't it," she said.

"You're right," I turned around in the mirror. "Let me see the other bottoms you have," she said.

I went back to the room and showed her. "Try those on," Madi said.

"You're trying to make me go half-naked," I squinted.

"Well, you act like you need some," Madi raised her eyebrows and side-eyed me.

"Shush," I pushed her out so I could change into the skirt. I looked in the mirror. "Oh my god," I raised my eyebrow.

Madi knocked on the door. "Let me see."

I opened the door. "Oh my god," her mouth opened.

"I know right," I said.