Chapter 9 Next generation

Months before hashirama death he was sparing with a 19 year old hiruzen, freshly turned to a full grown adult hashirama and him were fighting. Hiruzen speed equalled hashirama in his base, anytime hashirama had punched or kicked hiruzen form became very flexible as he bended himself out of the way using the technique Kami-e.

Attacking back cloaking his fist in armament he striked into hashirama body only iron body of the six powers, however even though he tried to deflect alot of the damage from his punch he didn't see the second one coming hitting him straight into a flashback.

He saw a squad of freshly turned genin, the 1st was with hiruzen, alongside him was Homura Mitokado and Koharu Utatan. In a midst of there training exercise the kids were between the ages of 8 to 9.

"Come on Homura you have to use it" hashriama said sternly to the boy.

"But why these stupid techniques aren't gonna help us in a fight" he replied back.

"Even if that is true, it builds a good standing of hard work and discipline, it's the reason why I implemented it into the academy".

Hiruzen spoke "only needing to perform a e rank jutsu and one of the 6 powers though is pretty easy, why don't you increase that".

"Well hiruzen, people don't handle well that they fail to often, that is the bare minimum so the jonin sensei can improve upon it... which is why the teams are completely based on making them balanced so every student can excel".

Hiruzen nods "i guess its for the people that don't have my kind of talent, encourages them to learn more rather than be demotivated for having a higher bar".

"Exactly, now koharu display what you learned about your devil fruit'.

Koharu smiled she began to levitate not just herself but also hiruzen, she perfectly mastered where she was aiming him to go. Using her devil fruit at a level of mastery which was good for a genin at her age, she ate Fuwa Fuwa devil fruit, the same devil fruit madara had obtained after doing that ritual for more power done by the uzamakis.

"Thats great" hashirama spoke with enthusiasm "in every team I've appointed that 1 devil fruit user, 1 haki user and 1 person with a higher ability of the six powers should be in the same team... can any one tell me why".

Hormura answered "for team diversity so enemies that we face fight off with a variety of powers and abilities, it also forces the squad to work more together as there abilities would be different but can work well together given time and experience... i also assume the squad was strategically picked for team synergy".

"5 stars Hormura" hashirama yelled attempting to pump the new genin up only for it to fail. He cleard his throat continuing "but don't forget ninjutus, genjutsu and regular taijutsu is also incredibly useful, now this is your first day with me as your only sensei unlike the academy where i went in to train the students before deciding to train only 2 groups, but I'd like to implement a test".

Hashirama took out a 2 small bells and started to shake it. "This test will be a hard one, you'll have to work completely together, whoever gets these bells can pass".

Koharu asked a question "why is there only 2, shouldn't there be 3 representing all three of us".

"Quite insightful, whoever doesn't get the 3rd bell will fail the test and return to the academy" hashirama spoke now changing his tone completely,  once a cheerful happy teacher by a stern, strict and serious instructor, everyone body language changed in response to hashirama sudden different talking patterns.

They gulped at the same time hormura responding.

"You can't expect us to get those small bells from you sir, your the 2nd hokage the strongest shinobi the leaf has".