c h a p t e r 25

Happy reading!

SHIVANI'S POV

My husband has been face timing me everyday so that we can have lunch together. He makes sure I have breakfast and dinner too. At first I felt, I was just hampering his work, he had to take out time for me. I felt he did not believe in me, I promised him I would never do it again.

But he reassured me, he admitted at first he wanted to keep track of my meals but now he likes it, so who am I to stop him, in fact the more time I spend with him, the more I want to know him, like I discovered that he is a perfectionist, not only in work but every aspect of his life, he loves to be the best at everything, he's extremely judgemental towards people, I could not believe my ears when he was gossiping with me about his cousins, and he's definitely not modest, he boosts about his achievements so easily, I already knew that one, but he's proud of himself. He's a self made man after all.
I don't like to eat in front of other people, people but recently, I am getting more comfortable with Rudraksh, he doesn't seem to judge me, instead he keeps repeating,

'Kids eat more than you shivani.'

And then he narrows his eyes so I have to eat more.

Right now, the video call is on, and he's working. We already had our lunch but he said he will miss me if I cut the call so here I am stuck here. And all I can do is blush furiously because he keeps teasing me. His phone rings and he picks it up. I decide to do some of my own work. I am currently continuing the book I was trying to write, but my parents cloned my laptop so I couldn't.

It's a billionaire, friends to lovers romance. I still haven't told Rudraksh about my passion for writing, I want to but I am afraid of how he will react. Writing is usually considered as a hobby. It's not my hobby though, it's what I want to do for a living, because I enjoy it.
I will tell him, once I am done with this book. Because I keep having writer's block, but at this moment my pace is smooth. I am liking it.

He ends his call. And I look at him. He's still busy in one of his files. I huff in disappointment, he's not even glancing at me, so much for I will miss you. My gaze lingering on his handsome features. His strong jawline and well-defined cheekbones give his face a chiseled look, while his deep, expressive eyes hold a warmth that makes my heart flutter. His hair, effortlessly tousled, adds to his rugged charm. He finally looks at me, As he smiles, a dimple appears on his cheek, making him look even more endearing.

"Gosh, You're so handsome." I paused. "I think I just said that out loud, didn't I?" I looked at him. 
He gave me a wide grin, "Yes"
Rudraksh chuckled in response to my unexpected admission, his dark eyes glinting with amusement.
"Yes, you did," he confirmed, his voice laced with a hint of smugness.
I felt my cheeks flush at his confirmation, He leaned back in his chair, his gaze never leaving mine. "But you know, I don't mind hearing it again." He smirked, clearly enjoying having me flustered.
"Obviously," I rolled my eyes playfully, my embarrassment mixing with amusement. It seemed he took great pleasure in the effect he had on me. "Don't let it go to your head," I retorted, trying to regain some composure.
He chuckled again, the sound deep and rumbling. "Too late for that," he teased, a smug smile still lingering on his lips.

He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the desk, his gaze never leaving my face.
I couldn't help but feel a flutter in my chest at the intensity of his gaze, the way his eyes seemed to pierce right through me.

"Only if I was as confident as you." I remarked. His gaze softened, "you will develop it shivani." He says softly, "you know what it's one of my life goals. To make you feel confident and beautiful." He adds.

I smile gently at him. I am so grateful to have him in my life. "What are your other life goals?" I inquire, I am genuinely interested in knowing.
"Among others, one of them is to have a huge family with you." He says, with a mischievous grin.

My heart skipped a beat at his unexpected answer, and I could feel a warm flush spreading across my cheeks.
"A huge family?" I repeated, my voice slightly shaky.

He chuckled, clearly enjoying the effect his words had on me. "Yeah, I want us to have a big family. A bunch of little versions of you running around and driving me crazy."

"You mean I drive you crazy?" I narrow my eyes playfully at him, pretending to be angry.

He chuckled again, clearly entertained by my mock annoyance. "More than you know," he retorted, his smirk widening. "But in the best possible way."
I smile at him. I love our carefree conversations. It's the highlight of my day. I love seeing him smile and laugh with me, it makes me feel I am genuinely a part of his family and like he cares for his family, he cares for me too.

"I am going to let you work now." I say gently, I don't want to take up more of his time. He nods and ends the call.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

Author's note:
Follow me on Instagram for more spoilers and updates, link in comment section. Also please comment and tell me how are you finding my writing style, is there anything I should change or any feedback at all. I would be grateful to know.
Love:)