Chapter 6: Until..

Moirai's POV:

If I had to describe my college in one word,

I would say

B-O-R-I-N-G [like me].

I had trust issues, as you know, also I had talking issues. Initially, college was like punishment. I would go, attend lectures and come back. No friends. I missed Shags. Though there were good people at college but, I never thought I could trust them.

In my class, I could see the whole class was divided into 3 groups:

1. The gossip girls and the funny guys.

2. The smart girls and the awesome guys.

3. Miscellaneous [people who did not fall in either of the groups]

I was in the miscellaneous category.

The gossip girls were typical girls, who discussed make-up, boyfriends and brands all the time. Mean, rude and dumb brunettes. With them, were the funny guys, they were cool. I never understood how they could stand these weird girls.

The smart girls were pretty cool. They weren't rude. They smiled at me. I never responded back with a smile, but, I like them. 7 girls they were.

They awesome guys were the popular lot of my class.

So, if I were to join any of the groups I would prefer the second one. Never in my dreams will that happen I told myself.

That day, as I entered my class, I saw all the benches were occupied. I would usually sit alone but, today I had to sit besides someone. I scanned the whole room. I saw gossip girls sitting in the right row front benches. Behind them were the funny guys. Awesome guys occupied the last benches of the left row and the Smart girls were sitting on the front benches of the left row.

Decision Taken.

I chose smart girls.

I sat on the 3rd bench beside Sanami. Big brown eyes and short hair and a lean figure she had. She would smile a lot, showing off her gums. Sweetest of the Smart girls was Sanami. She was wearing a purple bubble top and old blue jeans. There was one owl pendant that hung around her neck.

I sat uncomfortably. She saw me and instantly greeted me, "Hey, I'm Sanami", she smiled.

Fuck! How should I react? Hie? Umm no. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut! No, that will b rude. Ah, I should say something. I was confused. I must reply I thought.

"hey, hii, umm, Moirai", I mumbled.

Sitting beside her was Saisha. Straight long hair and small brown eyes made her look even prettier. She was different from other girls. Orange loose tee she wore and dark denim. Shorter than Sanami she was. She was talking to other girls. Suddenly, out of nowhere she started laughing! Some private joke amongst girls. But, Saisha had a different style of laughing. First time in college I wanted to laugh. I did not know what the joke was. But , her laugh can make anybody laugh!

Shes cute!

Seeing me sitting on her bench she turned an gave a quick smile. I smiled back! Now that was easy.

Maybe, I should talk to them. Maybe..

"Hey, Moirai!", she cheered.

"Hmm, Hey", I replied.

Uhh! Wait! What did I just do? I introduced myself to Sanami and smiled at Saisha. And, that was easy! How? Where did my talking issues suddenly go? Like ya, I blabbered a bit, but that was even lesser than what I do when I'm talking to Maa-Paa!

It is funny how I shot myself a question and answered it myself almost instantly.

Could I be friends with them? Maybe, I will be, someday. Oh yaa, and the cows will fly, my mind added sarcastically.

Ok! So now that I felt a bit more comfortable sitting there and I could sense Sanami and Saisha were genuinely smiling at me. Discomfort crept in when I saw Jaras bolt in a direction where I sat!

Jaras. He was one of those popular Awesome guys. He was tall, maybe around 5'11. He had a Chocolate complexion. Broad shoulders and a good physic (maybe he had abs too). He was wearing a grey t-shirt with long sleeves that was crumpled to end near his elbow. He had short ruffled (and rough) hair. His frameless glasses added a look to his personality.

"Hello ladies", he smiled. Now since I had my mini conversation with girls, I thought I can talk to this guy too. I smiled back at him.

"heyaa J", said Saisha.

Sanami high-fived Jaras.

Jaras, now, smiling turned towards me to introduce himself.

"Jaras", was all he said.

After a long 5 seconds dramatic pause. I saw his left eye brow twitch.

"umm, Moirai", I squealed.

-------------------------

Moirai who wouldn't trust anybody, had now made friends. She still miss Shags. She started talking to Sanami, saisha and Jaras, after this day. Somehow, they had managed to break the walls Moirai was hiding behind. Jaras always thought there was something that troubled her. He did not know what, but had decided he wouldn't ask her until she feels comfortable in doing so. Sanami loved her. Within a very short time, Moirai was comfortable talking to her. Saisha, well, Moirai and Saisha clicked. They had similar habits.

Now, she had 3 great friends.

Her life had changed. Now, she had start talking to people. She learnt.. You don't always have to trust a person you are talking to. She trusted Sanami, Saisha and Jaras.

Moirai kept nick names for everyone she loved. And, Only she would Call them with those names. That was her mental rule.

Sanami was now Sana for Moirai. Saisha was Saish. Jaras was Jar-ASS.

Moirai loved them(and still does).

This was the start of something new in her life. It felt so wrong being at college until she met them (Did you Expect Leo?).