Chapter 23: Lost ! (Part one)

Last Chapter Recap!

Each word stung. Pain striked through my chest. She wasn’t lying that is what I could see. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

I faced Leo for answers.  But, I couldn’t read his face. it was blank.

Why don’t you say something, Le?

I left.

Without looking back, I ran across the road. I saw a cab, I gave him the details to get me home.

__________________________________________________

Chapter 23: Lost!

Jaras’s POV:

Let me introduce myself! I’m Jaras and I’m a highly motivated person (and also highly confused, most of the time). Moy calls me “THE Jaras” and “Mr. Perfect”, but I won’t say that ‘cuz that will be like boasting about myself. Now, that doesn’t mean I disagree, that’s a fact but it’s just that I’m so modest. So, yeah. That defines me!

And right now, I’m standing outside the movie theatre and my palms are sweating. Oh! Wait! It’s not just my palms, I’m totally sweating! I’m never this nervous about dates and girls but Raina, she is different and amazing!

This is my first date with Raina and I don’t want to screw it. It has to be perfect, like perfectly perfect. I mustered all the courage and asked her out for a movie this morning, a little hope I had that she would agree but there were more chances of her sandals landing straight on my face. But, she simply smiled and nodded. Her beautiful eyes were fixed on the floor while she carelessly put her hair behind her ears with her cheeks crimson. This is one of my memories that I will stay with me till the end.

I checked the movie tickets for the third time. I just don’t want anything to go wrong today.

As I lifted my head, I saw the most pretty girl in yellow flowery dress, walking gracefully in my direction. Every step that she took to cover the distance between us, increased the rate at which my heart was beating. Well, beating is not the word, blasting is.

You are not just beautiful, you are beyond it, Raina.

It was just then that I realised that there is some really undefineable magnetic force that is attracting me towards her. Not the attraction attraction but the lustless attraction.

I want to touch her heart,

Not her body...

I want her attention,

Not her virginity...

I want to make her smile,

And never let a single tear escape her eyes...

There was small eye contact between us and an unsaid understanding because we both started walking towards the movie audi 3.

We took our seats and the movie started. It was some typical Bollywood flick that I don’t really like but she likes such movies and that’s the sole reason why I chose this movie.

The movie bored me every single second because the most entertaining part was on Rain’s face. Her expressions changed every time there was an action sequence where the hero would smack some bad asses and save the damsel-heroine-in-distress.

Adorable, she is.

I was watching her while she was watching the movie. And she was so engrossed in watching that she did not notice that I was staring at her all this while.

In the interval, I needed to stretch a little. Yeah, you got me right!

I went in the washroom and used the cubicle that wasn’t occupied already. I flushed all my would-have-been children and went back to the movie audi with a bucket of popcorn.