Chapter 18: Guns and Hearts.

Last chapter Recap...

[Leo’s POV]

“Yes. I like you, too” she whispered in a very low voice. But I heard it.

I jumped out of the chair, embarrassing myself. She half-smiled and slowly stood up.

She came closer and hugged me.

“But there’s a problem” she whispered in my ear.

____________________________________

Moirai’s POV

Leo’s warm breath tickled on my neck while I was still in his tight embrace.

He lifted his face for his eyes to meet mine,

Sending shivers down my spine.

That’s when I told him we had problems in line.

The problem can be lethal, will he be fine?

But all I know is that he is mine.

Gosh! I never knew I could rhyme

Never in my dreams or at any point of time!

That rhymed too! See these were the side-effects of having a... I mean, having a... a... a... boy... you know what I mean having a boyffrr... Aarrghh... I never thought I’ll ever have one! But, you see it’s kind of difficult for me to accept that he is my, umm, boy-whatever. It isn’t like I am confused about Leo, It is about me accepting the fact now that I have, as cheesy as it sounds, a boyfriend.

I have never used the ‘B’ word before and that’s why I’m facing a hard time saying it, even if I’m saying that in my head!

I sound weird in my thoughts, Sheesh.

Stop creeping yourself out, Moy.

So I was talking about the side effects of having a boyf... whatever... you understand what I mean right! I can put it as the side effects of falling in love. Yes! That’s better.

Side effect #1- Your inner artist or poet is unleashed. The poet within you starts off with rhyming, then the short limericks, then those long poems and verses and ultimately (if the love fails which is not going to happen here, in my case) the sad songs.

Side effect #2- Day dreaming becomes the habit and a daily chore.

Side effect #3- Loss of necessary sleep.

I sincerely thank all the romantic movies for imparting me with this knowledge. I was already suffering from the initial stage of Side effect #1.

“What are you thinking, Sweets? What’s the problem?” he asked tearing my thoughts and bringing me back to his backyard. He was looking straight in my eyes.

Those mesmerizing Chocolaty yummy eyes.

Moy, don’t distract yourself. There’s this huge problem remember?

Oh yes!

“The problem is that you are not bulletproof!” I blabbered out.

“What?” he looked amused with my blabbering.

He is taking it lightly but you never know!

“I’m serious” I told him.

“And why do you say so?” he asked. He was trying hard not to laugh. I could see that.