Chapter 13: Moirai... -Leo

Leo’s POV

It’s only Moirai I keep thinking about. There is something about this girl. It’s like she has hypnotized me.

Why do I keep thinking about her all the time?

She is different.

Yesterday, when I had gone to the hospital, she looked weak. She was adorable even with those bandages. Her mom told me she had a broken arm and she had 18 stitches on her back. Still, she was smiling, laughing! Her hair hung loosely around her shoulders. Those brown tresses that touch her cheeks...aarrghh...I could barely control myself from touching them. There were many small scars all over her face and arms. It hurt me. It must have been painful.

She looked so cute when she burst into laughter with me. I still can see her laughing in my head. She shouted on Shagun for me. I was laughing with her and something happened to her. I caught her by her shoulders when was falling back. I asked Shagun to call the doctor and her parents. She nodded and ran to get them. She loves her best friend more than she hates me. I slowly let her down on the bed, her head rested on the pillow.

I want to be there for her. Forever.

 The doctors came in and asked me to go out. I forced myself out.

I just met her first time yesterday and she has this effect on me, already.

 I saw Shagun sitting on the chair opposite to mine. She was scared for her friend. I could see she was tensed. She was wearing a simple pink t-shirt and a pair of denims.

“Why do you hate me so much?” I had to ask.

“She is very innocent. She doesn’t know the difference between what’s right and what’s wrong for her. And you, are certainly NOT good for her”, she screeched.

“That does not answer my question. Why do YOU hate me so much?” I asked emphasising the word ‘you’.

“You don’t have a very good image at school. You break up when you get bored of the girls you are dating, without any valid reason. This makes me hate you. You are a Man-Whore. Beephead” she spat.

“You don’t know me. How can you be so sure that I’m a man-whore or beep-whatever” I was fuming by now. She is arrogant. Judgmental, weird and dominating she is.

“Why the beep are you here?” she screamed.

What is it with her? It funny!

“Do you use beep for every ‘bad’ word?” I asked.

“Yes. But that does not answer my question”, she smirked imitating me.

Sharp reply!

“I am here to meet your best friend”, I said imitating her, like she had said when she entered Moirai’s room.

We did talk after that yesterday. Possessive best friend she is.

Doctors came out and told us she was fine and she was unconscious right now. She was very weak because of the accident. I and I-love-using-the-word-beep girl entered Moirai room again. She looked like a small child, her eyes closed and those brown tresses made me jealous. I got closer to where she was and kneeled near her head, slowly taking those brown tresses off her cheeks and moving them behind her ear. I heard a faint howl coming from behind my back. I did not respond to it rather I got up and moved out. I left the hospital t come home. While I was in the parking lot, I messaged her

“Take Care, Sweets. Please.”

It was around 3 when I left the hospital. Her voice, her smile kept my mind occupied all the time. Her reply came around 7 asking me “Who’s this?”