Chapter 11 Back For You

Nicole's P.O.V.~~~

I had my eyes closed still, after just starting to wake up. It felt like there was someone holding my hand, but I didn't know who. I kept my eyes closed, and moved my free hand up to scratch my nose slowly. I heard a voice say, 'Is she awake!?' He sounded very anxious, and I remembered the voice. It was no other than Niall. I heard another person that seemed to be getting up off a couch to come by my bedside. I realized that I was in a hospital.. I fluttered my eyes open, trying to move to sit up a little higher, but then I felt it. My back. I remembered about the crazy fans and getting hit with something, hard. I winced at the pain a little, only for Niall to be scared.

"Awe don't try to move yet love. You just got out of surgery a couple hours ago."

"Surgery? What did that girl throw at me?"

"She threw a rock.. and she hit you on your spine. You dropped right to the ground, not moving. I was so scared for you.."

Niall trailed off, and I tried to move over some to give him a hug, but I couldn't move my legs. What was this? Was I paralyzed!?

"Why can't I move my legs..?"

I said cautiously, not wanting to hear the answer I was about to get. My mom looked at Niall and gave him a small smile.

"Sweetheart, when the rock hit you, it paralyzed your legs, but you will regain full motion in them in less than a week. Don't stress that right now."

"Can I still do cheer?"

"Yes, there won't be any long term damage."

She gave me a smile, telling me not to worry. I breathed a sigh of relief. If I couldn't cheer, I didn't know what I would do with myself.

My mom got up and gave me a hug, saying she was going to get some food, and call Alexa's mom, so she could tell them everything, and my dad and sister. I could tell she was also leaving some and Niall could talk a little. Right when my mom closed the door behind her, Niall asked me,

"I didn't know you did cheerleading!?"

He seemed overly excited on the fact that I cheered. I chuckled.

"Yeah, I did gymnastics since I was 5, and just recently started doing cheer like three years ago."

"Wow, now that is some true dedication! That's really cool Nicole! Can you do like all of those flip things?"

He sounded so curious now, that it was very fascinating to me.

"Yeah. It's called tumbling silly."

I said laughing. sticking my tongue out at him.

"Like I'm suppose to know that!"

He rolled his eyes. We sat there quiet for a minute. He seemed to be starting to get nervous. That's when I forgot to ask one of the most important questions of all!

"What were you and my mom talking about?"

I said nonchalantly, but really I was very curious. She was the type of person who could have a conversation with someone she just met, and read them like a book.

"Oh, uh, we were just talking about you.."

He said not making eye contact with me.

"She uh, said that she can tell by the way I've been acting. and the way I look at you, that I really truly do care about you."

He got serious, and finally met my gaze at the last couple words he spoke.

I was do giddy now, because my mom is never wrong. When she tells me not to do something and what's gonna happen, if I do it anyways, then exactly what she said always happens. She gives the best advice, and I tell her literally everything. This made me so happy knowing my mom could see how he looks at me, with the look I was hoping I saw in him.

Niall's P.O.V.~~~

"She uh, said that she can tell by the way I've been acting. and the way I look at you, that I really truly do care about you."

I spoke, meeting her gaze as I said the last few words. Her face lit up, and she finally had that smile back, that I've been wanting to see. That told me that she felt the same.

"She cut me off, when I was telling her that there was just something about you, and said it was 'love at first sight'. Like she had read my mind."

I kept my eyes on Nicole the whole time I spoke, trying to read her every move. She didn't seem like she got too nervous or awkward, she simply said,

"I was thinking the same thing.. but I didn't want to say anything and you not feel that way, and me feel stupid.."

We both looked at each other and just smiled. I leaned over, holding her, and tilting her chin back with my other hand, leaving a soft, passionate kiss on her lips.

Her mom came back into the room about 20 minutes later. We had just been talking about stuff, and what was going to happen with me and her, since I was currently on a world tour.

I didn't want to leave her side, but she insisted that I finish the tour. We had a show in Kentucky in just about 7 more hours. I would stay by her side as long as I could, until Paul made me leave. We were pretty busy with the tour, but in 3 weeks, we had an entire week off to rest. I would take that week to go home and see my family and friends, for about three days, then I was coming back to Florida to see Nicole. Hopefully walking around back to her usual self by then.

It was finally time for me to leave, only three hours until show. I got up, giving Nicole a hug, whispering in her ear,

"I promise, I will be your nothing."

Remembering what she had told me on the beach. She gave me the biggest smile, tears in her eyes now. I leaned down, giving her a kiss.

"Don't cry babe, I'll be back to see you before you know it. Only three weeks!"

"Yeah, the longest three weeks of my life!"

She said, pouting. I laughed, and started to leave, saying goodbye to her mum, who had been sleeping for a while, and was on her phone now. I gave her a hug, thanking her for letting me stay, and not being mad. She told me to never thank her for something like that. She said she thanked me for helping Nicole, and told me to get out of there and go do my job! I heard Nicole laughing the whole time I wad talking to her mum. I was walking to the door, and before I left I turned around,

"Bye Nicole, I'll be back in three weeks for you!"

"Just like your song! Bye Niall."

She teased, but she was actually right!

I put my hand on my chest, mouthing the words, 'I'll be your nothing' and motioning to her, before I walked out. It was so hard to leave her, especially like that.