Chapter 2 First Conversation

The last thing I wanted to do was fangirl in front of him. I bit my bottom lip, trying to hide all of my nerves.

"Hi,"

Was all I managed to slip out of my lips. He could tell how nervous I was, because all he did was put that cute little half smile spread across his lips. He asked if he could sit down with me, and I tried to return him a sweet smile and nodded.

"So love, why are you walking around Miami all alone?"

"Well my friend and her mom are in the store. The real question is why are you walking around out here alone?"

I think I did a good job with that, and tried not to stutter. I guess it worked because he let out a small chuckle and thought for a second.

"That's a good question. I told the boys I would be back in about 10 minutes. I just wanted to find a toilet."

The boys!? Were all of them here with him? Were they going to come looking for Niall and see him sitting down talking to me!? How would all of this go over? Would they stay back and let us talk? What about Alexa and her mom? What would they say? So many questions were spinning around in my head. It took me a minute to gather myself.

"Oh, and then you found me? My name is Nicole by the way."

I smiled at him hoping he would introduce himself and not be cocky, and just assume I knew his name because he was in One Direction. That would be so self-absorbed, and I hated people like that. He didn't seem like he would be one of those people though.

"That's a nice name."

He said with a smile. His smile was so genuine, and happy. It made me melt in my seat.

"My name is Niall, Niall Horan. It's a pleasure to meet you Nicole."

He grabbed my hand that I had laid on top of the table. He took it in both of his hands, and kissed the top of mine. Sparks flew through my whole body. I couldn't believe what was going on. He put both of our hands back down on the table, but he didn't let go of mine. Maybe he felt it too?

"It's very nice to meet you too, Niall."

I forced out of my mouth so I wouldn't seem rude or like I was paralyzed from his touch. Which I basically was, but I wasn't going to let him know this. It was almost like he got lost in my eyes for a couple of seconds, since he just stared into them, and kept a smile on his face.

My cheeks were starting to get red, I could feel them. So I cut in and spoke,

"So, uh, Niall. Shouldn't you get back to the boys? You have a show tonight to get ready for don't you?"

It was like he came back to reality when I spoke. He looked down a little bit, and placed his hands into his lap, feeling somewhat embarrassed realizing what he had just done.

Immediately I knew it was a bad idea to say. Then he would know I was a fan, and already knew so much about him. That's not what I wanted. I wanted to get to know Niall Horan. Not the famous blonde boy from One Direction.

"Oh, so, I see you're a fan then?"

He said as he started to lean back in his chair, putting his hands behind his head smirking at me. Before I could say anything he asked,

"Are you going to the concert tonight?"

By then I was looking down at the table being my usual shy self with new people that I meet. I could of kicked myself for doing that in front of him. I brushed my hair back from face when I looked up at him and said 'yeah.' almost in a whisper.

The way he was looking at me when our eyes met was so cute, and made me feel so comfortable around him. There was no reason to be nervous. I told myself trying to see if it would work.

"Awe, you don't have to be shy or nervous around me love! I like it that you are a fan, yet I can still talk to you normally. It's cute."

He said grabbing my hand again, only to freeze me up again. All I managed to do was blush even more and look down again smiling like an idiot. As he started to speak again I looked up and locked eyes with him.

"I've got the perfect song for you. Will you be front row at the concert tonight?"

"Uh, yeah. My dad's friend got me some good tickets, and passes backstage after the concert to meet you guys."

I said my voice sounding confused. His smile got so wide and mischievous like he had a plan. Oh no.

"Perfect."

He said with that big smile still spread across his lips.

I sort of glared at him wondering what he meant.

Suddenly his phone started ringing. It was Zayn calling him to tell him to get back to the arena. Niall got up and so did I. He went to give me a hug, and I almost froze, right there in my stance. As he was reaching over to hug me, I Snapped out of it, and reached my arms up around his neck to give him a hug. He nuzzled his head right in my neck. Everyone was right; he does give the best hugs. Good thing I'm pretty short, because I like a tall guy that I have to go on my tip toes to hug, and he was perfect for that.

"So, I'll see you at the concert tonight!"

He said with a cheeky smile.

"Yeah, I feel like I should be a little scared."

I said jokingly, with a little giggle at the end. He went along with it saying,

"Eh, I don't know, maybe a little."

Starting to turn around, he shot a wink at me. I just laughed and looked down at my feet as he was turning around to walk away.

Did this really just happen..?