Chapter 20

Jayden's POV

I'm sitting outside with Jii talking about what is next in the future for Leigha and I. I sit back and look out at the blue sky and the trees before twisting my wedding band. I love looking down and seeing the gold band across my ring finger. I love seeing the matching gold band with diamonds on Leigha's hand. I love being married to my wife. It's been five months since we've been married, and it couldn't be better for us.

"Hey!" Leigha walks over to me, and I see her cloaked in red which means the Lexi façade is melting away.

"Hi," I stand up to greet her.

"I'll just be inside," Jii nods walking away.

"How was shopping?" I ask kissing her cheek.

"It was good. I got you a present," she smiles handing me a gold bag with red tissue paper.

"Well thank you. And I must say, I like the red," I wink.

"I figured you would," she laughs sitting down next to me.

I slowly pull out the tissue paper. I see a tiny red bundle of fabric inside with an envelope. I open the envelope as Leigha unrolls the fabric. I scan over the paper which looks like her blood tests. My jaw drops when I see 'Pregnant: positive'. I look up at her and see that fabric rolls out to be a red onesie that reads 'I love my daddy'.

"Oh my God! You're pregnant?" I gasp looking between her and the paper.

"I am. Lauren had a suspicion after I was sick at Daisy's do-over party, so I took a couple home pregnancy tests. Two came out positive and two were negative," she rolls her eyes, "I went to the doctor to get a blood test done. Blood test clearly came back positive," Leigha explains quickly and breathlessly.

"We're having a baby," I grin brightly at her.

"We are," Leigha nods.

I stand up and lean down to kiss her. I pull back and rest my forehead on hers. She holds on to my shoulders as I let my hands wonder down to her still very flat tummy. I can't believe that there's a baby inside my beautiful wife. I kiss her forehead.

I'm so excited to be having a baby with Leigha. This is all that I ever wanted. I'm thrilled to be starting a family with her. I know she will be a great mother. I hope I'll be a good father. I want to raise him or her like I was as a samurai, but I would also like my child to have an education.

"We're going to start a family," I grin and kiss her forehead.

"We are," she nods happily.

"Oh my god. Thank you!" I hug Leigha.

"Of course. This is what we wanted."

"We need to figure out a nursery, start buying furniture, clothes, diapers, bottles, stuffed animals-" I start making a list.

"Down boy! We still have nine months before baby Shiba arrives," she laughs gently batting my arm.

"I know, but I'm just really excited!" I grin sweeping her off her feet.

"I can tell! There's a new ranger on the way!"

"Yes there is!" I grin hugging her close, "can we tell everyone?"

"Can we wait a bit longer? I'm only about 6 weeks pregnant."

"Of course. How much longer do you want to wait?"

"Another 6 weeks or so? Then I'll be done with my first trimester and less likely anything will go wrong."

"Okay," I nod kissing her cheek as I set her back down on her feet. I kneel down next to her and rub her stomach, "I can't believe you're pregnant!"

"I'm not surprised," Leigha laughs.

"Honestly me either," I chuckle.

I just kneel there gently rubbing her stomach. It's so exciting that my wife is pregnant. I'm thrilled that there's going to be a new generation of Samurai Rangers starting with my wife. I gently push her shirt up a bit and kiss her stomach before standing up.

It's beautiful out, so I carry Leigha over to hammock Jii and I built. The two of us curl up together. We don't talk. We just enjoy each other's presence. I rest my hands on her stomach and smile. I can't wait to be a father.
It's so exciting that I'm starting a family with Leigha. I kiss her forehead. I know she's going to be an amazing mother.

Leigha's POV

Jayden and I lay together in our hammock. His hands are on my stomach. I grin and close my eyes. His thumbs gently rub my stomach. I rest my hands on top of his and turn my head to kiss his cheek. I smile as he cuddles me closer.

"I love you so much," Jayden whispers.

"I love you too, Jay."

"I can't wait to be a father."

"You're going to be such a good daddy," I turn on my side and kiss his cheek again.

"I hope so. You're going to be an amazing mommy. You're so good with Daisy."

"Thank you. What do you want?" I gently rub his cheek.

"I don't care as long as our baby is healthy and happy."

"Awe," I kiss his jaw.

"I'm serious. It doesn't matter to me."

"Okay," I nod closing my eyes as I cuddle into his arms.

"I'm so happy you're pregnant."

"Me too. We're starting a family."

"A family," he agrees, "our family."