Chapter 23

Leigha's POV

I smile as I get dressed in a blue sundress. Today is my baby shower, and I couldn't be more excited. I only have a month and a half left until our son arrives. Jayden walks over and kisses my cheek.

"You look beautiful."

"Shut up, Jay, I look like a whale," I roll my eyes at him.

"Are we really gonna have this argument again?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"I don't know. Are we?" I mock him.

"No we're not. You don't look like a whale. You look like a mother."

"A mother whale."

"Oh my God," Jayden rubs his face, "I'll meet you out there."

I huff and roll my eyes as I put in my shoes. I stand in the mirror and smile a little as I rub my stomach. Baby boy clearly likes that as he gently kicks against my hand.

"You're gonna be so strong, just like your daddy," I muse softly, "hopefully you never have to fight a nighlok, but you'll be trained in case you do."

I slowly walk out to the rest of the Shiba House. My mother and father immediately rush over. I hug both of them tightly. We talk every week but I haven't seen them since my wedding. It's better that we don't see each other as much so that the aliens don't start to target them as well. Having a target on Daisy and I's backs are enough.

"Oh you're so big!" Mother lays a hand on my stomach.

"I know. Baby boy is going to be a big one," I agree.

"You look well. How were your first two trimesters?" Father asks.

"I had really bad morning sickness. Fortunately that stopped, but my back has been really sore."

"Your son is probably facing your back, so that's why you're having most of your pain there," Grandmother walks over and kisses my cheek.

"Your first great-grandson. How do you feel about that, Grandmother?"

"I'm so excited. You're going to be an amazing mother. Now where is that lovely husband of yours?"

"Right here, Grandma Liza!" Jayden walks over and kisses her cheek, "you look wonderful."

"Thank you, Jayden. It's wonderful to see you," she smiles at him.

"You as well," he gives a relaxed smile as he wraps an arm around me.

"Lei!" A voice squeals.

"Jessica!" I turn around and hug my best friend tightly.

"Look at you! You are glowing!" Jessica grins resting a hand on my stomach.

"Aw thank you so much," I smile, "I've missed you! How was Somalia?"

"Oh it was so amazing! I loved every second of it," Jessica's eye light up.

"You're going to be an amazing nurse," I squeeze her hand.

"Aw thank you. How have you and baby been?"

"Baby boy and I have been great," I grin.

Jessica squeals and hugs me tightly again. She was studying abroad, so she had no idea if I was having a boy or a girl. She rests a hand on my stomach smiling.

"Hey there, baby boy," she said softly, "you are so blessed to have such an awesome mommy and daddy. You're gonna be so loved!"

_______________

Jayden and I smile as we look around all the presents we got from our friends and family. It was an amazing baby shower. I lean back into Jayden's arms as he softly rubs my stomach. Clearly baby boy likes that because he kicks against Jay's hand.

"I can't wait to meet you in 5 weeks," Jayden muses softly.

"He's going to be so loved. He's so lucky to have you as his daddy," I murmur.

"He has the best mommy ever."

"I love you, Jay. Thank you for everything. You're truly my knight in shining armour."

"Anything for you. You completed my life."

A/N: Ugh y'all I'm so sorry! This is such a bad filler chapter, but hey this is 1/2 chapters I'll publish today! It's gonna get good 😈