Chapter 22

Jayden's POV

I smile and help Leigha out of the car. I squeeze her hand slightly as we walk to into the clinic. Leigha's pregnancy has been coming along nicely. She had really bad morning sickness though. I know that wasn't fun for her, and I felt bad for doing that to her. It was all worth it to her though when we saw the scans.

Leigha checks in at the front desk before before moving to sit next to me. I lean over and kiss her cheek. I take her hand in mine and smile widely at her. Today we're able to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. We is a relative term. I'm excited to see the newest addition to the Shiba family. Lauren and Jii are anxious to hear what we're having--I think they're almost more excited than Leigha and I are. I know that whatever we have, they're going to spoil our baby. I gently rub Leigha's hand with my thumb.

"I love you and baby Shiba," I lean over and kiss her cheek. As I do, I gently rest my hand in her stomach.

"We love you too," she smiles putting her hand over mine.

"Mrs. Shiba?"

The both of us stand up and walk over to the door. Leigha gets weighed and then has her blood pressure taken. The nurse asks how she's been, and Leigha rolls her eyes before saying her morning sickness had been awful—and going on for way too long. I hold her shoes and purse as they talk. I lean against the counter wanting to hurry up and get to the scan. I want to know if I'm having a son or a daughter.

The two of us are lead into a room. I help Lei get her shoes back on. I stand next to her and kiss her cheek. She smiles and takes my hand. She leans her forehead against my shoulder and closes her eyes. I rub her hand and kiss her forehead. I nuzzle her cheek.

I lean my head against hers and kiss her again and again. I rest my hand over hers on her stomach and weave our fingers together. I honestly don't care what we're having as long as our baby is perfectly healthy. I know Leigha is hoping for a little girl though. She hasn't said it to me, but I've overheard her talking with Lauren. She wants a little girl to dress up in pretty clothes. I wouldn't mind having a little girl to spoil and be my little princess. Having a boy would be great though too. I never had a relationship with my father past when I turned four, so I'd love to have a relationship with my son.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, Jay."

I wrap my other arm around her back. I smile and massage her lower back which is where she's been complaining about the aching the most. She gently rubs my cheek and then starts playing with the hair on the back of my head. I smile and kiss her forehead.

There's a knock on the door. "Come in," I call.

"Hello!" Dr. Gomez smiles.

"Hi, how are you?" Leigha smiles back as I move to her side.

"I should be asking you that," he jokes.

"I'm good. My lower back has really been hurting."

"A lot of future mommies have that same sensation. Let's get a look at your baby."

Leigha lays down and pulls up her shirt. Dr. Gomez squirts some gel on her stomach. She looks towards the screen as Dr. Gomez starts the ultrasound.

"That's our baby," Leigha squeezes my hand.

"Indeed it is. Here's the heartbeat," he turns on the sound, "sounds healthy."

"Everything looks perfect, so you're 20 weeks pregnant right now. Half way there!"

"I know it's just flown by," Leigha nods squeezing my hand.

"Would you like to know what you're having?" He looks at us.

"Yes please!" Leigha nods excitedly.

"Okay. It looks like you're having a boy!" Dr. Gomez grins.

"A little boy!" I grin excitedly.

"Any questions?"

"Not that I can think of," Leigha shakes her head looking at me.

"No."

"Okay. If you think of any, just give us a call," Dr. Gomez smiles as he wipes the gel off Leigha's stomach.

"Thank, Dr. Gomez."

"No problem. See you in three weeks!"

"Thank you so much!" Leigha smiles as I help her to her feet.

"Of course," he smiles warmly before leaving.

"We're having a boy!" I wrap my arms around Leigha's waist and spin her around.

"I know! I'm so excited!" She smiles and holds on to my biceps.

"Thank you for doing this. You're amazing," I cup her cheeks in my hands.

"I love you," she turns her head and kisses his palm.

"I love you too. I love you more than anything. I'm never going to let anything hurt you."