Chapter 4

Leigha's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since my accident and I'm getting discharged from the hospital this afternoon. Because of the hit I took to my head, they wanted to keep me until all my memories came back. We're going to stay at Troy's since our house was demolished and my parents are still out of town.

"I got a car to drive us there," Troy tells me and I see worry and guilt swirling in his deep brown eyes.

"It's not that far of a walk."

"I'll still drive us," Troy says tersely.

"Okay." I change back into my street clothes with much difficulty and walk out to meet Troy and Daisy. I see the rest of the team there and they look sad.

"Bye, Leigha. Glad you're better," Gia says giving me a hug.

"It's great that you're better! See you soon!" Emma grins joining in on the hug. The guys crush me in a hug and Orion mutters "Stay safe."

"Later, girl. See ya around," Jake ruffs my hair up.

"Good luck! Glad you're better," Noah adds.

I smile and nod a bit confused, but ignore it. I take Troy's hand and we start walking out. I see some familiar bags outside with Daisy and I pick a backpack up and sling it on my good shoulder and grab another. I'm puzzled by the grim look on Troy's face as we start walking away from the hospital.

"My car's parked a bit of a walk away," he tells me.

"Okay. Ya know, the way they were acting back there, they made it seem like I was leaving and they weren't going to see me again," I say trying to break the awkwardness. Troy doesn't respond and just stares ahead. "But I don't know why, I'm not going anywhere." I laugh nervously.

"Right," he mutters.

"Troy. What's going on?"

"Nothing," he growls and stares ahead intently.

"Troy, tell me. What's wrong? What's going on? Why are you guys acting funny?"

"It's nothing," he mutters.

"Leigha? Is something wrong?" Daisy asks in a small voice.

"Ask Troy," I tell her.

"Is there something wrong, Troy," Daisy steps in front of Troy.

"I've been keeping something from both of you," he says.

"What is it?" I ask holding Daisy's hand.

"When I first called your parents to tell them you got hurt, they told me to take you back to Monalua. And honestly, I've been wanting I take you back there for a while. I don't want you in this city at all," Troy explains rubbing the back of his neck.

Troy's POV

I tell Leigha and Daisy what's going on and wait anxiously for her reaction. Daisy looks up at me and she looks like she might cry. The same look is plastered on Leigha's face as tears spill out and stain her cheeks. I try to pull her in for a hug and she pushes me away.

"You don't want us here?!" She yells.

"I didn't mean it like that! I don't want you here because of all the danger. I could never forgive myself of either of you get hurt and then you did and I can't have you here! It's too dangerous for you and me! The Armada knows about you and my feelings for you. They'll target you! You guys have to go and your parents agree! I'm doing what I have to," I explain as she cries harder.

"I can't believe what I'm hearing, Troy and don't you dare pin this on my parents! You're also sending me away. Why would you send me away? We just found each other after a year!" Leigha screams.