Chapter 5

Daisy's POV

I like it at the Shiba House. Jayden, Lauren, and Jii are nice. It's been a week since we arrived here, and I'm surprised that Leigha's still sleeping. Her phone was constantly ringing with calls and texts from Troy. I got irritated with it and figured out how to block his number.

Mommy and Daddy called to see how we were. I told them we were safer and that seemed to make them happy. Jayden and Lauren said that the aliens can't touch us because they Shiba house is surrounded by a protection barrier.

It turns out that they protected the earth too. I sometimes would hear Mommy, Daddy, and Leigha talking about an attack on Monalua a couple of years ago, and it turns out Jayden and his friend stopped it.

Mommy and Daddy said their latest business trip got extended so they would be gone longer. Our house is being rebuilt, but I like it here better. Lauren, Jayden, and I have grown close. I see them as older siblings and Jii reminds me of Grandfather.

Lauren, Jii, and I play games in the yard while Jayden stays with Leigha. I know he's worried about her, and I am too. I sleep with her every night, just in case she wakes up. I know she can't hear me but I tell her about my day anyways, just like normal.

Lauren and I are playing hide and seek. It's her time to find me and I climbed a tree. I'm glad I wore green because I easily blend in with the leaves. I can tell that Lauren's puzzled and I laugh out loud, accidentally giving away my hiding spot.

"There you are, you crazy girl!" Lauren laughs climbing the tree up to me.

"Laughing during the game," I pout.

"It's alright. I did the same thing with Jayden when we were little," Lauren smiles as we climb back down.

"Daisy! Leigha's awake and wants you!" Jii runs out to us.

"Leigha!" I scream and run inside with Lauren right on my heels. I run into her room and I see her smile when she sees me.

"Daisy! You're okay thank god! Can I ask you a favor?" Leigha smiles pulling me in for a hug.

"Of course," I smile and nod. She slowly takes her ring off and hands it to me.

"Go hide this," she says quietly.

"You're not getting married?" I ask.

"No. We're not. I don't want to ever see him again," Leigha sighs.

"Okay," I run out and hide her ring in a box. I stick the box in the back of my closet and burry it under some stuff in there.

Jayden's POV

I'm sitting next to Leigha's bed in my vigil like I have for the last six days. I'm constantly worried about her. She sometimes stirs but not much. I feel her forehead and realize she's a bit warm. I take a washcloth off the bedside table and dip it in cold water. I ring out the extra water and set on her forehead. Leigha stirs again and this time, her eyes open too. Her eyes widen and she starts tossing and gasping.

"Uh. Uh. I. Where- where am I?" She croaks.

"Sh. Shh. You're safe. Here, have some water," I sooth, slipping an arm behind her back. I bring a glass of water to her lips and she gulps it down before coughing. "Careful. You've been out for about a week. You're body still needs to adjust."

"Thank you," she mumbles. "Where am I? And where's my sister?"

"Welcome to the Shiba House. Don't worry, you're sister's here and safe," I smile at her.

"Shiba?" she furrows her brow as she's thinking. "Shiba," her eyes widen in knowing. "Are you Jayden? The Red Samurai Ranger?"

"That I am. How did you know that?" I prompt trying to get her memories flowing.