Chapter 12

Leigha's POV

I smile up at Jayden, and he squeezes my hand. I'm excited to see what Jess and Lauren planned for the bridal party. Typically speaking, the groom isn't at the party, but we're pretty untraditional. Jayden and I would've been fine having it at the Shiba House, but Jessica and Lauren really wanted to have it at the fanciest hotel in downtown Harwood; due to that, we're here at the Ritz Carlton.

"I wonder what they planned for us," Jayden looks down at me.

"I haven't a clue, but I'm excited. I can't believe our wedding is only a month away," I grin.

"Neither can I. It can't come any quickly enough, honestly," Jayden gives me a suggestive look.

"You're just wanting to go on our honeymoon," I laugh, lightly hitting his chest.

"That is a plus to this whole deal, but I can't wait to have you as my wife. Mrs. Jayden Shiba has a very nice sound to it."

"I can't wait to start our life as a married couple."

"I'm looking forward to it too. A family and a future together. I love you, Leigha."

"I love you too, Jay," I smile up as we head towards the ballroom where our party is being held.

"They're here!" My mother yells.

I feel Jayden wrapping his arm around my waist as we walk in together. Everyone that's important to us is here--Jii, Emily, Mia, Mike, Kevin, Antonio, Jessica, Lauren, Mother, Father, Daisy, Grandmother, Grandfather, Aunt Abi, Alison, Lucy, Austin, Luke, and Uncle Andrew.

Jayden grins. I look around the place which looks great. They have stuck to the theme of roses and chocolate. I smile widely as Jay and I move into greet everyone. I hug Alison, having been close to her growing up, before introducing Jayden to my family. I know that there is some tension in the family about my sudden engagement to Jayden, but I can tell that he's winning them over. It's that charming smile and those kind eyes.

"I love you," Jayden mumbles in my ear and kisses my cheek.

"I love you too," I smile. I look up at him.

"Let's get things kicked off!"
_______________________________

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look?"

"Mmmm, once or twice," I giggled kissing his cheek.

"Well you do. And I will tell you every day," Jayden lifts up our intertwined fingers and kisses my knuckles. I laugh and lean over to kiss him.

"You two make a lovely couple. I'm very happy for you," Grandfather walks over.

"Thank you, sir," Jayden grins.

"Please, Jayden. We're family now, call me Ross," Grandfather grins.

I'm thrilled that everyone seems to have accepted him. He's an amazing man--more of a man than Troy ever could be. Jayden smiles and Grandfather and shakes his hand. Grandfather pats him on the shoulder before coming and giving me a hug. I hug him tightly.

"Grandma Liza," Jayden smiles easily as Grandmother comes to join Grandfather, wine glass in hand.

"Jayden," she nods at him.

"Hi, Grandmother," I smile and hug her.

"You look lovely, dear," she gives me a wide smile.

"Thank you."

"Lovely necklace. Where did you get it?"

"Jayden," I turn to him with a smile. I look up at him and gently rub his chest. I feel a chuckle rumbling deep within him.

"What lovely taste you have," Grandmother compliments.

"Thank you, but I can't take all responsibility. It's been in the family for five generations now. All the men give to to their fiancée the birthday before they marry," Jayden explains.

"How sentimental. You take of that necklace, Leigha," Grandmother turns to me.

"Of course," I nod as she sips on her wine.

"Who chose the wine?" She asks.

"Lauren did I believe," I nod at Jayden's sister.

"I heard my name," she walks over grinning. She kisses Jayden's cheek before hugging me tightly.

"You chose the wine?" Grandmother asks.

"Yes m'am."

"You have exquisite taste, my dear. Please call me Grandma Liza."

"Oh thank you so much!"

I lean against Jayden's firm chest and smile. I see Mother and Father talking wth Jii. I wrap my arms around Jayden and bury my face in his chest. His heart beats soothingly in my ear. I grin feeling his chest firm under my skin. He kisses my temple.

"I love you," Jayden whispers in my ear.

"I love you too," I kiss him quickly.

"Daddy!" Daisy runs over and hugs him tightly.

I grin as Jay lifts her up and cuddles her close. I smile and kiss Daisy's cheek. She cuddles close into Jayden's arms. I know it's getting a bit late for her. I smile as she yawns and rests her head in the crook of his neck. I know that it's time to bring her back home after a great night.

People are slowly starting to leave. I'm excited that we're getting married in one week. It's going to be a small family affair. I grin and think about the final dress fitting we had earlier today. I know that everyone is ready and excited. 

"Thank you. We'll see you next week," I smile to my aunt and uncle as they leave.

"I think Dais needs to go to bed," I smile looking at my sister who's sleeping on Jayden's shoulder.

"I think so too. Let's go home then."

A/N: Filler chapter. Better ones to come soon!