Chapter 14

Danny's POV

"How is it?" Ma asks as I literally devour the soup she made for dinner.

"Based off the way I'm eating it, it's obvious that I hate it, you know?" I say jokingly and sarcastically. She starts laughing.

"The day you hate my cooking is the day that I have been replaced by something unknown" Ma says. Simon and I both start laughing. Her food would be the dead giveaway for that.

"Alright so I'm gonna go shopping tomorrow. I've gotta get new bandages for you Danny, and tomorrow we can rewrap it, ok?" Ma says. I can feel the blood drain from my face as my stomach drops.

"Wont that hurt and pull on the stitches" I say. I don't know much about all of this. I kinda have been safe guarded until now you could say.

Simon grabs my hand under the table. He purposely is sitting or laying on my left side for everything so that way he can hold my hand. It's kinda adorable.

"Honey, they have a padding over it so that the stitches don't catch to anything, and on top of the stitches themselves there is a surgical bandaid glue thingy. You are all protected" Ma says. I look to Simon quickly.

He smiles at me, and caresses my hand under the table.

"So it's not gonna hurt?" I ask needing reassurance.

"Not one bit" Ma says confidently. That was what I needed.

"Simon's gonna head to your place and get you clothes but is there anything else you need?" Ma asks me. I didn't know Simon was going to get my stuff. I look to my left and see Simon's expression. He didn't know he was going to get my stuff either.

"Right Simon?" Ma says look at him. He looks at her and smiles a fake fearful smile.

"Yes madre" he says. I start laughing at the exchange going on.

——Next Day——

Simon's POV

I give Danny's forehead a quick peck as I slip out of my room. It's 8 AM so I don't want to wake him as I go to get his stuff. I have his keys with me to get into his apartment. Part of me wants to take his car since it's a nice corvette, but I don't know how to drive stick yet. Danny was going to teach me this week until... yeah.

Last night was rough for him. He wasn't able to fall asleep easily. I had to keep trying to find a way for him to lay down comfortably. It was definitely difficult.

I walk downstairs and grab a white hoodie that has a cool little bloody smiling emoji on it.

I got it from some boardwalk print place. Total loony owners too.

I grab my keys off the kitchen counter, and head out the front door. I quickly get in my car since it's freezing outside. It's 8 AM, what should I expect.