Chapter 3

Simon's POV

I put my phone down. Where has this boy been my whole life? Like damn. I hope things go good. I shouldn't get my hopes up since that could let me down, but at the same time... how could I not.

He just has that "thing" to him. It's like a mysterious thing, yet you know what's going on through his mind. If I ever do get him, I never want to lose him. He better not travel off into another dimension... what am I saying? That's not even possible.

I get up, and head downstairs. I see my mom, and dad both making dinner together. Yeah, they are that kind of couple. The kind that do everything with each other. It's what I want.

Simon's Parents Above^^^^

"Herrow" I say. They both turn around from what they are doing. Mom is cutting up what looks to be peppers, while dad is cooking something that I can't see on the stove.

"Hey sweetie, how was school today? Meet any nice people?" My mom asks. Please don't lead to an interview of questions.

"It was good, and yeah, I met a nice guy. He's in the newspaper club with me. His name is Danny" I say, smiling.

"You're not crushing on a straight guy, right? I remember when you were in middle school, and you were so upset about that Alex kid having a girlfr-" my mom started going on about before I cut her off.

"Mommmmm, do you have to bring that up?" I say, playfully whining about it. My dad starts laughing a bit, and so does my mom. They turn back around to what they were doing with dinner.

"I'm just making sure" she says laughing. I laugh.

"No, I'm not crushing on a straight guy" I say.

"Ok, good. No broken heart in the future" she says.

"I'm crushing on a gay guy" I say.

"Possible broken heart in the future" she says.

"Mommmm" I say again. She starts laughing.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, but just remember. No jumping into things, and nothing like that" she says.

"I agree" my dad says. He's not stern or anything like that. He says it agreeing with her in a nice way.

"I won't. I'm going to his place tomorrow after school though to watch movies" I say. They have their backs turned towards me, so they can't see I'm smiling.

"As long as he's not a murderer, then have fun" my mom says.

"Alright, well imma head upstairs. Call me when dinners ready. Love ya" I say.

"Love you" they both say in sync.

——The Next Day In Newspaper Club——

I walk in the door, and look around. Danny's not here though. I frown to myself. I was hoping he'd be here, but then again, I kinda rushed here. Everyone else is though.

"Hey, welcome back" Amanda says. She's sitting across the room at a computer, giving me a small wave. I wave back.

"Hi, how are you?" I ask, being polite.

"I'm good. Don't worry by the way, Danny will be here in three, two" and on cue...

"Boo" I hear from behind me. I jump. He scared me.

"Jesus Christ, you scared me. You're like a ghost" I say, holding my hand over my chest. He laughs, and gives me a smile... that smile... it melts me.

"Sorry, saw the opportunity, and took it" Danny says laughing. I hear Amanda laughing in the back of the room.

"Oh wait, follow me real quick" I say, and grab him by his jacket out the doorway just a little so we are out of Amanda's sight.

"Woah, what's this" he says, chuckling a bit with a smirk on his face. I look up to him smiling, and give him a giant hug. Like, a tight one.

"The big hug I told you I'd give you" I say. I feel him tense up a little bit. It gives away the fact that he's not used to being touched, or hugged, or anything. That just makes me hold him tighter. I can feel that he's kinda built even though he is skinny. It's like a 'I have a six pack but I'm not jacked' kind of built kinda feeling.

After around four seconds, I feel him hug me back. The part that takes me by surprise is when he leans his head against my forehead. Our height difference can be shown right there.

"It's not a sympathy hug... I promise" I whisper to him, while still hugging him.

"I don't care what kind of hug it is... all that matters is that it's a hug" he whispers back to me. I smile into him. We both loosen our grip at the same time. Both of us have the same shade of red on our cheeks. His has a tint of 'don't go' with it, while mine have a tint of 'I won't go'.

We both notice that without a doubt.

"We should head in" he says smiling. I smile back to him.

"Ok" I say. That's all I can say. I almost stuttered saying it. I hardly know much about him. I know only what I've seen, how I've been treated, and his humor... and that's enough for me to want him. He's like a limbo between light and dark.

He's a mystery, yet I can see right through some of his elements. He's the acid to my alkaline. I want him.

I need him.

We both walk back into the room, and make our way to our computers. We sit down, me sitting on his right. They are already turned on, and booted up. It's tough to focus on anything now. I can only focus on the thought of him. My head is running through scenarios, thoughts, memories I haven't lived yet. I just want to lean my head against his shoulder so badly, and see what he does.

So I do.

I lean over, and just rest my head on his shoulder. There's two possible outcomes with this. He either shrugs his shoulders to get me off of him, or he leans his head back onto mine. I don't want to be rejected, but I'm going to put myself in a spot where I can be.

I'm prepared for a shrug, but instead... I feel his head lean against mine. Rejection, avoided. I just keep my head there.

"It's hard to think right now... or to come up with something" I whisper to him. He turns his head a bit, looking away from his computer, and taking his hand off the mouse.

"Write about top movies. That's a good project, and if you need any help" he says, and then does something that makes my breathing almost completely stop.

"I'll be right here to help you" he says while putting his hand on my lower thigh.

"Please tell me you can type, or do everything with one hand. I really like where your right hand is sitting right now" I say jokingly, yet with a slight bit of flirt, and seriousness to it.

"Might add five minutes to what I have to type, but ok" he says. I'm shocked. He's actually going to keep his hand on my thigh, or is he just joking?

——Time Skip——

The rest of the time we were there, his hand remained on my thigh as we both finished up our articles. He somehow finished before me, and his was even longer than mine. I don't know how he does it. Especially with one hand.

"Are we still on for movies at your place?" I ask. I'm nervous about the answer. It could easily have changed.

"That's a really stupid question. I wouldn't cancel that ever" he says, and looks at me smirking. I blush.

"Ok" I say smiling. His smirk turns into a smile.

"Speaking of which, you ready to go now?" He asks. I smile to him, and nod.

"Yes" he smiles back to me.

"Let's go then" he says.