(3)

Lando's pov :

I'm not going to lie, she is pretty....

Pretty annoying, that's what she was at the moment.

Leaning against the wall, I looked at her as she once again searched through her bag hoping to find her keys. I wanted to leave, there was pizza and fifa waiting for me at home and here I was, looking down at a wet panda searching for keys.

" Its not there" I groaned, pressing the elevator button, " leave it. Just come to mine for now, We'll figure out what to do about it later."

That was the best I could offer her as much as I found her annoying in the past 2 hours, I wasn't just going to let her be here, stranded outside her apartment door, frantically searching for her non-existent keys.
She gave me a look as if to indicate I might kidnap her or something, I didn't mind that as I stepped into the elevator, holding the open button for a few seconds, " Come on, I'm hungry and tired, lets go" I yelled as she finally stepped in.

The rain had slowly down a bit. I glanced towards her sitting with her elbow propped up as she took support, gazing out the window. Her hair was still damp and so were her clothes.

She'll need a change of clothes, I thought, pulling into my driveway; before I could open my door, she spoke, " Lando." Turning to her, I nodded in response, " Thank you for this and sorry " she fiddled with the hem of her tee-shirt.

" Its nothing. Don't worry about it. You can stay the night, I've got spare rooms. We'll figure out what to do later tomorrow"

She looked at me for a second, opening her mouth to say something but deciding against it as she nodded in agreement to my offer.

y/n pov :

Lando rung the doorbell repeatedly.

" Forgot your keys too?"

He scoffed, " I'm not like you wet pand-"

Before he could complete, I pushed my elbow into his chest, " Ow, what was that for-" he groaned, stabling himself. " I told you not to call me that" and before he could answer, the door swung open and there stood Oscar, who seemed busy on his phone, " Lando how many times we've told you to take..." he trailed off as he looked up then his eyes landing on me.

" Y/n hey" he awkwardly chuckled, pushing the phone into his pocket, " didn't know you were coming" he quickly walked back inside and before Lando could follow him, I yanked his forearm

" What now?" he freed his arm from my grip, rubbing the area

" Why didn't you tell me you had guests coming over?" I mumbled, getting a shrug in response as he quickly went Inside. Immediately, the chatter of people reached my ears as I came to a stop in front of a confused looking group of drivers. I gave them a small wave, glaring at lando who stood besides me, not caring.

man, half of the grid was at this guys place.

" Lando" Alex spoke

" Alex " he responded in the same tone earning a sarcastic smile from the former.

Lando clapped his hands, as he pointed towards me, " Right, so guys this is y/n and y/n I'm sure you know who they are."

Yes.

" She works as a part of my PR team and- oh shit" he uttered as he stood there, looking at me, " I'm sorry- I forgot something" he jumped around quickly making his way out of the room and to the door, " guys be nice and help her, I'll be back soon" and the door shut with a loud bang echoing all around us.

I stood, confused, still damp from the rain, staring at a group of equally confused drivers who looked back at me. Alex and George, held the controllers in their hands, while Oscar and max sat on the sofa, Charles and Carlos seemed to be whispering something amongst themselves.

" so y/n" Oscar finally spoke up, gesturing me to sit, I didn't want too get the sofa wet so I sat on the floor, legs propped up as I kept my hands on my knees.

" Yes Oscar " I replied looking back at him, earning a shrug in response

" What exactly happened?" inquired Max but before I could reply George spoke up, " What else mate? She was stranded in the rain and Lando came to her rescue as her knight in shining armour. Aw" he spoke, placing his hands on his heart and dramatically sighing to which he received a flying pillow on his face. " Hey!" he exclaimed throwing it back but I swiftly dodged it

" That did not happen" I huffed, crossing my arms across my chest

" It so did" he butted in again, grinning sheepishly.

" George, I'll kill you" I sneered, he smirked before answering, " I'd like to see you try"

" My money's on her, she'll annihilate you mate." Max spoke giving me a thumps up as George stared at his friend in disbelief, shaking his head as he once again sighing dramatically.

" hey, y/n could u pass me that pillow." Oscar gestured to the square pillow fallen behind me, I nodded, stretching my hand and giving it to him as his fingers brushed over mine, " God y/n, you're hot"

" Oscar!" Charles exclaimed, " you've got a girlfriend mate and besides, she is lan-"

I snapped my head to him, giving him a look that read, ' one more word and this pillow comes flying on your face '

" I meant, she's hot as in a high fever." Oscar corrected himself shaking his head in disappointment at his friends. I touched the back of my palm to my forehead and then my neck, I didn't feel anything. In fact, I felt fine, sure I could feel a mild headache creeping up but that's all.

" May i? " Charles asked before placing his hand on my head

" Gosh y/n he's right, you're burning up"

" I feel fine" I mumbled in response

Okay. Maybe I did not feel as fine as I thought I was feeling. Thus, here I was, in Lando's room, showered and sitting on the bed in a bathrobe as Charles and Oscar searched through landos closet while the rest made me some soup and hot towels. I insisted that wasn't necessary at all to which they countered that it was in fact, extremely necessary.

Charles passed me a pair of black sweatpants and a while tee-shirt, " I hope this is okay. We'll get you the soup and towels" he said, placing the back of his palm on my forehead, " Its reduced a bit "

" Wow Charles" Oscar stood besides him, patting him on the back, " you're quite the doctor" to which he received a smack on his head as Charles dragged Oscar downstairs, shutting the room door behind him.

I quickly changed as I sat on the edge of the bed. Lando's room was quite big, with his gaming computer set up on one side and a closet on the other, there were small shelves besides it. I went to take a look, there were some books, showpieces and frames having pictures of him and his family, the boys all together, his first win and him when he had just started karting. I chuckled at that picture.

" cute" I found myself uttering as I finally made my way back to the bed as I laid down, staring at the ceiling and I don't know when, I drifted off to sleep.