(18)

Y/n pov :

I entered the room, immediately being met with Lando's gaze and a scoff from him.

" I need to talk to you." I stated, leaning against the wall

" I do not." He replied, putting his phone in his pocket and making his way towards the door, but before he could open it, my fingers wrapped around his wrist pulling him back. He stared at my hand and then at me, quickly retracting my hand, I stepped back, repeating my statement, " I need to talk to you and I don't care if you don't want too but you will listen to me."

Taking his silence as an approval, I told him everything - all the thoughts that were wandering in my head since the past week seemed to flow out before I could even try and control them.

The atmosphere in the air was heavy.

I had told him everything, hoping along the way he would respond and help me try and figure out what truly was wrong. But instead, I was met with pure silence.

" At least say something." I mumbled, more to myself than to him as my eyes were fixed onto the floor and fingers fiddled with the hem of my shirt.

" What?" he questioned taking a step closer to me, " What" he emphasized, " do you want me to say Dell?"

He came to a stop in front of me and suddenly the room felt extremely small, like the walls were closing in. His presence entrapping me and at that moment, it seemed like I couldn't focus on anything. Looking up at him, I was met with a feeling of uncertainty showing through his eyes.

" Why do you do this?" his voice was almost like a whisper as if he was afraid to speak. His face was so close to mine that one movement could be too much; suddenly the door swung open, making us instantly move away from eachother.

" Oh!" David from the marketing team exclaimed, " Didn't expect to see you guys here." His eyes darted from me to Lando and back to me.

"Hey David," greeting him back, I simply made up an excuse relating to PR as to why we both were here - which I'm sure he doesn't really care about.

" Is it alright if the marketing team uses this room?" he questioned, I glanced back at Lando for a split second; realizing that he was already looking at me, quickly looking away, I gave David a nod hasty making my way out of the room.

Landos pov:

I am stupid

I am so stupid.

Groaning for what seemed like the 50th time, I kept my head in my hands shaking it repeatedly as the thought of what I did a couple hours back came rushing through my mind. I knew I had been ignoring her and I knew exactly what she wanted to talk about the minute she stepped through that door.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to tell her a lot of things too but something inside of me just wouldn't let me.

Was I afraid?

Honestly, I don't know.

I didn't know a lot of things and that doesn't really bother me but when it comes to her, that feeling of not knowing - the feeling of unknowingness hurts.