(16)

y/n pov :  

" So, you both were literally arguing like little children." Max stated implying that it was extremely evident

Groaning, I slumped against the back of the chair, sipping my drink

We were at an Italian restaurant that was tucked around the corner of a street not too far from the Mclaren HQ. It was a hidden gem, from the outside it didn't look like much but the moment you step inside it was like you were transported to another world with fantastic food and traditional Italian tunes in the background. There were only two items on the menu – pizza and wine but the varieties were endless catering to everyone's needs.

The restaurant was quite small which served as an added plus point seeing as Max and Charles attracted a large crowd wherever they went. They were thankful for a bit of peace while eating.

Giving them a brief rundown of everything that happened with Lando in the past 3 days, both of them were eager to share their views and takes sides on which one of us were right

" Just make out with the dude." Charles said as though that was the solution as he casually took a bite of his pizza

I chocked on my wine while Max stared at him, none of us answering

Charles raised his eyebrows, shrugging " What?" he questioned, " I, for one, sense a lot of sexual tension between you too." he pointed his finger at me waving it in the air

" Not at all, that's bullshit" I defended, quickly denying whatever they were thinking 

" No need to get so defensive about it y/n" Max added, nodding to Charles

Both of them finding this extremely amusing

" You guys are loving this, aren't you?"

" hell yeah!" Charles beamed

" Of course!" added Max

Both of them giving each other a high five, grinning from ear to ear. They were acting like little children who just got permission from their parents to go out and play for a couple more hours, that's how much they were smiling.

Shaking my head and chuckling at them, I went back to eating my pizza. Not wanting any thoughts related to Lando to spoil my evening.

Although, that was much easier said than done. 

Landos pov : 

I was contemplating and going over what Oscar said. 

It was really petty and I was arguing with her for no reason and to be honest, I didn't quite like it. Although, I couldn't pint point exactly why but the fact that she was mad at me didn't quite sit right. 

Finally thinking to confront her about it and maybe apologize too, I made my way to where she works. I think the disappointment was quite evident on my face when I didn't see her usual coffee cup or her sticky notes that were always sprawled out on the desk.

" Searching for Y/n?" 

I flinched at the sudden voice interrupting the silence that hung in the air, " Will" I breathed out, turning towards him. He leaned against the door, raising his eyebrows at me

" Has she left for the day or?" 

" Just. I think she's outside right now." He pointed towards the door, nodding, I made my way downstairs. 

Stepping out, the cool air hit my skin instantly causing goosebumps. Rubbing my hands together to create some warmth, I looked around but couldn't find her, that was until my eyes landed on a Ferrari.

Why would a Ferrari come here? 

The car pulled  into the driveway and stopped right where a girl seemed to be standing wearing a McLaren hoodie. Probably some employee - I thought to myself but was quickly proven wrong once I properly recognized who step out of the car.  

Charles

As he went to hug the girl, I realized who that was 

Y/n. 

I dashed inside, hoping neither of them saw me. The idea of apologizing to her quickly died down and was replaced with a weird feeling. I don't know what and I don't know why. 

But, I felt extremely distressed.