(9)

y/n pov :

It was late evening when all the boys left. Lando offering to call a lockpick and driving me to the apartment, after too many 'nos' and 'its fine', he still insisted. Thus, here I was, sitting in the passenger seat of his Mclaren, driving to my complex hoping the lockpick lando had called earlier had already got the door open.

Note to self - Need to make atleast 3 sets of keys for myself, never again am I locking myself out of my house.

I had changed into some clothes Lando had brought last evening, when I asked him about it, he simply shrugged and replied, " because I know you would be much more comfortable in them than wearing some of mine." That was pretty sweet and considerate of him.

Parking the car in the basement, I stepped out accidently bumping my head on the roof of the car, letting out a groan, I rubbed my head frantically, " shit" I uttered under my breath walking towards the elevator.

" You alright?" Lando stepped in, standing next to me, pressing the button to my floor. I just nodded, applying more pressure to that spot. It hurt bad and I could feel the slight glossiness building up in my eyes, blinking rapidly as to not let them fall. Suddenly, I felt Lando's hand on top of mine, " Let go" he murmured turning towards me, my fist clutched into a ball as I felt him apply pressure. I didn't think it was that bad but it sure did hurt. " Sorry" he said noticing my eyes being shut tight as a breath escaped my lips when he put his hand down, " It's not that bad, don't worry." he said stepping out, " Be careful next time". I pressed my lips into a thin line, nodding as I followed him out.

" Hey John, thanks for coming" Lando greeted the man who was crouched down by the door but stood up once he saw us walking towards him, giving lando a hug back, " Anytime, no worries and here" he said, titling his head as he looked at me, " y/n right?"

" Hello, yes, thank u so much" I extended my hand for a shake which john gladly shook it, " is it done?"

" Unfortunately, no" he shook his head, his gaze tuning back to the door, " I'll be able to open it by Monday morning at the earliest."

Oh no. Why?

" Is there a possibility to make another key for it at the moment?" I asked, hoping there was another solution

" It would quite difficult at the moment and take some time-" before he could complete, I spoke, " Its completely fine, I can wait here"

Lando looked at me, a slight frown on his face but that soon disappeared when I made eye contact with him

" Waiting is not the issue. I do not have the tools required to make the another key with me and that would take me longer than it would to open the door. But, I'll have them ready by Monday morning, if that's okay?" John asked as I nodded in response to him, shooting him a grateful smile. He packed his stuff from the ground as I thanked him before going on his way

We stood there in silence, I leaned against the wall, my hands crossed across my chest as I gazed towards the door. Disappointment was visible on my face. How could I be so careless? But, there was nothing that could be done right now.

Landos pov:

She just stood there. The disappointment was quite visible on her face, her head dropped and arms crossed across her chest as she gazed at her apartment door. To be fair, there was nothing more I could do to help, so the only thing that I could do, was offer her a place, "Stay back at mine" I said, her head immediately snapped up, looking at me. I repeated my sentence, " Are you sure? I don't want to be a bother and besides you already-", she started saying but I cut her off. " It's no bother at all, I'm alone anywhichways so" I trailed off, indicating it was totally fine as I saw a small smile tugging at her lips. I smiled back getting into the elevator as she stepped in.

" Thank you" y/n said, " thank you for everything"

" Don't be."

She smiled harder at that and it could only make me wonder, what had actually happened that she never seemed to have someone stand by her side? I shook my head slightly, wanting those thoughts to escape my mind.