Chapter 10 Spin the Bottle

"Will you go out with me?"

Wow, what a question.

It was another balmy day at Hanil Foreign Language High School. At recess, Hae-in and Pil-sook found themselves joining Hyun Woo and his group of friends after a long morning of classes. In fact, ever since Hae-in's dramatic disappearance that resulted in Dal-po comforting Pil-sook, their friend groups have merged.

But of course, it was still a tad bit awkward. Just a tad.

Feeling a need to break the ice amongst the new group, Yang-gi suggested a harmless game of Spin the Bottle. Their laughter and playful shouts soon attracted curious onlookers, and their little circle grew to include Go Hye-mi and Jin Guk, among some other schoolmates. It was certainly the most diverse mix of seniors and juniors at Hanil High.

The game itself was simple. One person would spin the empty juice bottle they were using in place of a traditional soju bottle, and whoever it landed on would have to answer a question. It was a lighthearted and innocent way to get to know each other better and a chance to build connections.

But of course, innocence can be a fragile thing, especially in the hands of a group of hormonal teenagers. The game certainly took a sharp turn when the bottle landed on Hyun Woo, and Go Hye-mi, known for her captivating beauty, posed her question.

Go Hye-mi was a master of duality. With a flick of her styled hair or a subtle change in expression, she could transform from youthful and innocent to sophisticated and elegant. Her large, expressive eyes held a playful, confident glint right now, framed by flawless, glowing skin. Her naturally brown hair, usually cascading in curls, was pulled back by a headband today. A delicate button nose sat above full lips that curved into a coy smile aimed squarely at Baek Hyun Woo. It was a smile that could disarm any other boy in school.

Unfortunately for Go Hye-mi, Hyun Woo wasn't just any boy

Unfortunately for Go Hye-mi, Hyun Woo wasn't just any boy. His heart belonged to another beauty entirely.

A beauty who was currently glaring daggers at Go Hye-mi for daring to flirt with Baek Hyun Woo during their innocent game – not that she was aware she was even doing that.