20

The ceiling of my room looks awfully interesting these days. Lying in bed, it's hard not to notice every little detail up there.

I took a deep, calming breath.

I am worn out. So worn out that I couldn't even dry out my wet rain-soaked hair and change properly. Embarrassing enough, I am just wearing a plain white T-shirt. Yeah comfortable enough, just to wear a T-shirt and nothing under. 

Except this plain white T-shirt wasn't mine—it was Satoru's.

I shifted slightly, careful not to wake him.

 My fingers found their way to his hair, playing with the soft strands as he lay between my legs, his head resting on my lower belly. 

His presence was a strange comfort, even though his six-pack abs and him all in general were lying here half naked. Seriously, who has abs like that? It was almost annoying how perfect he looked, even in this completely relaxed state.

At first, I thought he was too looking up at the ceiling but I was wrong when I noticed his eyes were closed. Here I was, lying in bed, with Satoru practically using me as a pillow, and it felt oddly normal.

I asked him to comfort me, not destroy the hell out of me.

The main reason for him to come here was because he wanted to tell me something. Well, it was less talking and more action, to be honest.

Suddenly, Satoru shifted upward, resting his face between my chest, facing forward. The sense of pain struck my lower back when he moved, and I tried hard not to make any noise. 

That shit hurt like hell.

 I sighed, letting him do whatever, and continued to play with his hair. Even though he pretended to sleep, I knew he was fully aware, but I was enjoying this quietness.

Then, he spoke against my chest, his voice muffled. "You know, I didn't really have anything important to say."

"Of course you didn't," I replied, still twirling his hair between my fingers.

"But I do have something to say."

He took a deep breath. "It was difficult for me to stay away from you. Almost miserable, actually. I missed you every day, every second. It might sound creepy, but I watched over you from the shadows. Seeing you move on, and live your life... made my heart ache. I wouldn't have shown up, but my Six Eyes told me the consequences might be different if you were left alone in that club."

". . ." 

He could have just said he misses me. There was no reason to drag the Six Eyes into this.

"I was almost over you, you know." It was a lie, of course.

Satoru didn't respond with words. Instead, he shifted, moving so his abs pressed firmly against me, his face nuzzling closer to my chest. The pain in my lower back flared up again, but I bit my lip.

He needs to stop moving too much.

His mouth trailed lower, planting a few soft kisses on my stomach, before he bit my thigh lightly, causing me to flinch. 

"Hey!"

He chuckled softly against my skin. "I just wanted to tell you... I'm really happy right now."

What is this technique of showing that you're happy?

"Y-yeah. . . don't talk against my skin." His breath against my skin was making me feel weird, giving me goosebumps.

I felt a shiver run down my spine and decided to move, trying to sit up and make him move too. The position was embarrassing, especially since I was naked underneath. Good thing the shirt was big enough to cover me somewhat. 

However, before I could get up, he grabbed me by the ankles and pulled, causing me to gasp as he knelt between my parted legs, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Don't be shy," he said, his voice teasing as he noticed the blush spreading across my cheeks. Blood rushed to my face, and I quickly covered it with my hands, trying to hide my embarrassment. 

Uh . . . does he want to kill me?

Then his touch moved from the side of my thigh up, sliding under the oversized shirt. His fingers traced a path up my skin, sending shivers through me. I bit my lip, trying to keep my composure. 

At that moment, I realized this might be the last time we had together, and a part of me decided to let him do whatever he liked.

I reached down, grabbed the hem of the shirt, and slowly pulled it over my head, tossing it aside. His eyes widened slightly as he took in the sight of me, completely exposed now.

"Comfort me again."