Lo siento... te amo pg.19

"Yander," I utter his name to break the silence surrounding us.

"Yes?" He said without even glancing at me.

Is he mad? Upset?

"Are we okay?"

"Are we okay?" He repeats. "Yes, we are why do you ask Princess?"

"It's just bothering me how silent you are now. It's so new to me haha." I awkwardly laugh.

"Oh. Sorry about that I'm just thinking deeply. I don't mean to give you any negative thoughts about my actions."

I see his worried face when he says those words. Well, I feel like there's something off, especially when we agree that he will take me home perhaps he wanted us to go to the place he want me to see on this day.

"I know you give your day (this day) for the both of us and I apologize if it makes you.." bigla akong natigil sa pagsasalita.

"No, no it's fine Princess there's always another day for all of the things I wanted to do kasama ka."

I was stunned by his words like he was an expert in making a woman flush hahaha.

"So you're an expert ha." I mumbled.

"What come again?"

"Nothing." I said while shaking my
head left and right.

"Here we are, Princess."

He looks at me with a smile and I
look to my right and see that we're
already outside of my Auntie's house.

"Thank you for dropping me off so I'll get going then." I grab my
seatbelt, open the car door and walk
towards the front door of the house.

When I opened the door, Auntie
Diane welcomed me with a smile
and asked me how was the day with
Yander. I first scan the entire living
room with my eyes and there's no
one here so where's the visitor? Tita
Diane let me sit on the sofa and just
in time when I see a figure of a man
who get out of the comfort room.

"So it's you."

There was a shock on my face but
I try to be calm before he even faces
me.

"Hola Nathalie."

I can sense the roughness in his
voice as if his mouth is dry.

"What are you doing here?"

"Isn't obvious? I'm visiting you."

The audacity after what I did to him of course, I'm ashamed right now to
the point that I don't want to even
look him in the eye but what can
I do. Speaking to someone while
looking into his or her eyes is a sign of respect. He slowly walked towards me which made me uneasy.

"I want to talk to you and—"

"Rodrigo! I see you too are already talking so I think I should take my leave."

When Tía Diane is about to leave Rodrigo stops her and asks her for permission.

"Tía Diane I would like to ask for your permission. I would like Nathalie to come with me to my office I would like to talk to her there. I hope you grant it."

Tía Diane who was shocked wasn't able to utter a word. Her mouth was slightly open and this lasted for about a minute when she suddenly gulped and spoke.

"I trust you Rodrigo so I grant it however Quiero que Nathalie vuelva aquí en buen estado, ¿entendido? Por favor cuida de ella when she's with you."

"Understood Tía Diane muchas gracias."

Tía Diane took her leave making me and Rodrigo the only person left in the living room. As we made an eye to eye contact I could sense the longing on it. His deep soulful eyes. He talked to me and said he wanted me to go with him into his office and there we would have our conversation. To be honest, I was hesitant I don't want to go like why? Why would I go? I don't have anything to say and we don't have much anything to discuss so what's the point huh?

"I don't want to Rodrigo if you want to go back in your office go, go back without me. We have nothing to discuss."

"No, we have. We have something to talk about Nathalie so please... be with me just with this time, please."

Now you are capable of saying please huh fine if that's what you want but I'm telling you once I turn my back on you together with this heavy feeling that keeps me drowning I will never, never gonna see you ever again! I look into his eyes before saying.

"Fine if this what you want let's go."

After an hour we arrived in his office building and we walked side by side into the hallway passing each of his employees until we reached the door of his office.

"Take a seat, Nathalie. My secretary will soon be here to give a refreshment."

"Yeah, thanks."

After my last word wala nang naging kasunod pang pag-uusap and here I am iniintay na lang ang sekretarya n'ya na pumasok sa silid na puno ng katahimikan. I look around his office and it still looks tidy just like my first visit here with Tanya and he is still as busy at that time too. While still looking at him he lifted his head just leveled with my gaze upon him and surprisingly a knock on the door of his office was been made I guess this was the Secretary this time. As Rodrigo once said it was a refreshment.

"Thank you Ms," I said and the secretary replied to me with pleasurement.

As the Secretary left and the door once again closed a deafening silence enveloped the room again. How long he wants us to be like this I thought we would have a conversation so is this the conversation he wanted?

"So is this the conversation you want huh? So you're not going to talk? Bien. You're going to play hard to get this time I wonder if you will last."

He's still not talking to me after I said those words instead he's just looking at the papers in his hands casually doing his work. I can wait that's true but not for so long not to mention how quiet the room was its sickening. My patience is running thin.

"I'm leaving Mr. Rodrigo."

I take a last sip of the refreshment I had and stand.

"So you will not wait for me. Is that really who you are Nathalie? Can you just wait for me—just this time? I read your text message so answer me are you sincere in your words?"

He makes a light slam on his table and his hands are gripping the paper. His eyes are.

"I'm waiting for your answer Nathalie!"

I purse my lips while looking into his eyes.

"Yes I am so let me go! You said you have read the message I sent it was so clear and you're making a fuss out of it!"

"You don't understand Nathalie that text message is ruining me. It's ruining me!"