Chapter 9

The early morning sunlight shined through the window, softly casting gentle rays of light onto Giyuu's hair and face as he slept. He had mumbled something in his sleep before rolling over onto his side, but other than that he was completely asleep and not showing any signs of waking up. The only other sound other than his breathing was the sound of bird chirping outside his window, signalling the arrival of the morning.

After a while, he finally sat up on his futon, still a little groggy from his peaceful sleep. He rubbed his eyes as he slowly roused himself from the clutches of sleep, his eyes blinking slowly as a yawn suddenly escaped his mouth. But as he slowly started to wake up, his mind slowly started to wake up with him, just then there was a loud banging on his door.

Giyuu perked up at the banging on his door. He sat there and didn't respond, wondering who in the hell was banging on his door at this time in the morning. The banging at the door continued and he finally got up to open it, his hair a little dishevelled from sleep and his clothes rumpled a couple from rolling around on the futon at night.

Stumbling a little as he opened the door, revealing one of the servants and several girls from the butterfly mansion standing in his doorway. They suddenly grabbed Giyuu and dragged him away and out of his own room, his face a mixture of surprise and confusion as he was pulled away to prepare for the upcoming wedding.

Giyuu was completely flabbergasted as to what the hell just happened. He stumbled on his feet for a moment, trying to find his equilibrium and balance as he was pulled out of his room and dragged outside. And he still had no clue what is was happening, until the realization finally dawned on him. Oh. This was probably the start of the preparations for the wedding that was going to happen today.

Giyuu finally calmed down as he realised why he was being dragged around by these people. The servant and three other girls from the butterfly mansion will soon begin preparing him for the wedding, brushing his hair, cleaning his body, applying make-up, and dressing him in formal Japanese clothing.

Giyuu sat in a small chair as the servant and the other girls continued helping him in getting ready for the ceremony. Brushing his hair, cleaning his skin and applying makeup to it, before he was finally put into formal Japanese clothing. The women were also fixing his hair, combing the inky black locks with a comb and tying the long strands together.

Soon, the ravenette was finished getting prepared for the wedding. He looked at himself in the mirror, observing his appearance and realising that he was all dolled up.He was dressed in formal traditional Japanese wear, his hair tied back in an elaborate hairstyle, with some makeup applied to his face. He looked... good. They all nodded, satisfied with his appearance, before they stepped away to let him observe himself a little more in the mirror.

He took a closer look at himself in the mirror, the makeup highlighting the more delicate features of his face. The servant and the women watched in silence, satisfied with their work and with Giyuu with how he looked. He actually looked pretty good. He didn't mind too much having makeup on, and he looked pretty good in formal kimono wear. He felt a mixture of excitement and nerves at the thought of the upcoming wedding and was barely able to suppress it, excitement swirling in his chest.

Giyuu took a couple deep breaths, still struggling to keep his composure and contain his excitement. While the others stood in silence, watching him, letting him adjust his clothing a couple times before finally speaking up. "Well, sir. Are you satisfied with your looks? We did our best and hope you like it."

Taking a closer look at himself in the mirror for a couple more seconds, before turning around to face them, he nodded silently, a small smile on his face. He still felt nervous about the wedding but he definitely was happy and satisfied with his current appearance. He tried his best to keep his calm demeanour and his voice neutral. "Yes, thank you. I'm quite satisfied and I like it. Thank you for all your hard work."