Chapter 5

Three weeks passed in the blink of an eye. Both Sanemi and Giyuu avoided facing each other after Giyuu's break down in front of other man, but tomorrow is their arranged marriage ceremony. Both men freaking out in their respective Chambers.

Sanemi lay on his futon, completely restless. The thought of the wedding tomorrow was stressing him out, he kept tossing and turning on his futon as he couldn't get the thought out of his head. His mind remained agitated and restless, the thoughts of the wedding and a certain ravenette causing his mind to remain in a frazzled and agitated state.

Frustratedly, he sat up from his futon after spending minutes in hopeless restlessness. He got changed before heading out the door, the restlessness in his head making him feel like he'd explode if he remained cooped up in his room for a second longer.

He strolled through the moonlit corridors, the only sound audible at this time of night being the sound of his own footsteps. He had no particular destination in mind, he just needed to walk to distract himself. The thought of the wedding was making him too paranoid and his body was too restless to remain idle.

The man continued to walk through the halls of the estate, trying his best to keep himself calm and ignore his nerves. However, the further he walked the more his nerves seemed to increase and his heart-rate seemed to go faster. He just could not calm down, he cursed himself for not being able to rein in the thoughts running amok in his head.

As he turned over a corridor he suddenly felt his heart stop in his chest for a moment when he spotted a figure up ahead in the corridor. Even from a distance, he could recognise the figure of the person due to the flowing dark locks of hair. His breath caught in his throat as his heart thudded loudly in his chest, his eyes remained wide and unblinking as he stared at Giyuu's back up ahead.

His entire body froze as he stood rooted in place for a few moments, paralysed by the sudden unexpected sight of Giyuu further ahead in the corridor. He tried to keep his breathing and thoughts under control as he continued to stare at the back of the other man's head from afar, his heart racing in his chest as he tried to control the rush of emotions flooding through his body right then.

Giyuu continued to walk calmly through the corridor, seemingly ignorant of the fact that there was someone watching him further behind him. That is until Sanemi's sharp, harsh voice suddenly rang through the air behind him and he halted in his steps as he felt his blood freeze in his veins from surprise.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Tomioka!" He spat out, his voice sharp and cold as he slowly walked towards the other man. The sound of his voice made Giyuu's blood run cold, but he managed to muster up his will as Sanemi slowly stood in front of him. He remained rooted in place, his face stoic but he couldn't hide the shock and mild fear in his eyes as he stared at the fierce expression on Sanemi's face.

Sanemi's hands were balled up tightly in fists at the sides as he scowled down at Giyuu's face. His eyes were sharp and cold as he stared down at the slightly shorter man, his expression remaining fierce and cold as the two men stood staring at each other under the moonlight.

Giyuu stared back up at Sanemi's hard expression from underneath his dark lashes, his own expression remaining stoic despite the slight panic he felt under the man's intense glare. His heart was beating rapidly in his chest, he stared up at Sanemi with a calm expression but he could not hide the slight tremble in his hands or the cold sweat dripping down the side of his face.

Sanemi continued to stare at Giyuu with a cold, sharp expression for a few moments. He took in the sight of the other man, analysing every part and feature of his face in silence with a cold glare. He slowly scanned over the other man's features, taking in every inch of hair, cheek and eye. He remained motionless, his glare cold and harsh as he scanned over the soft, almost doll-like features of Giyuu's face.