Chapter 7

Giyuu breathed in deeply, trying to calm down his emotions which were swirling around his mind like a chaotic vortex. This wasn't the time for any inner turmoil, his one focus had to be on winning this fight. Even though Sanemi got under his skin, he still had to remain vigilant in this battle. One slip up, and he could lose this one rule agreement that he had made just moments ago.

Sanemi took a deep breath himself, almost feeling the anticipation of the fight rising inside of him. After all, this wasn't a normal spar. They had promised each other just moments ago that they'd be able to add the rule they wanted in the contract. And he was more than intent on winning this fight.

As soon as they finished their breathing exercises, Giyuu immediately sprinted forward, his pace fast and steady as his feet moved forward over the grass beneath him. He had to move quickly, or else he'd be giving Sanemi an advantage. If he was able to catch the other off guard, he might have a better chance of winning this fight...

Sanemi had to suppress a grin as he watched the other immediately run forward, clearly trying to catch him off guard. It was a good tactic, but Sanemi wasn't falling for it so easily, this was too good of a fight for him to lose.He kept a calm expression on his features, even as all his senses were hyper-aware of the other's movements toward him and his surroundings. The night was crisp, and Giyuu's figure almost danced through the shadows of the night...

Once he was close enough, Giyuu suddenly stopped and quickly spun sideways right as he unsheathed his sword, his body low toward the ground. He swung the edge of the sword in a wide arc, with every intention to land a slice on the other man's legs.

Sanemi couldn't help but grin at that attack. That was a good move, but it wasn't enough to hit him.

As soon as Giyuu's sword sliced down toward his legs, he leaped backward in air and landed a few feet away from the other man in a crouch, a small smirk on his face as he kept a watchful eye on the other's movements. Giyuu had good attacks in this fight, but he wasn't planning to lose this fight to him.

Giyuu quickly straightened out his stance, already getting into another ready stance as he faced Sanemi once more. He knew that that one cut had been easily dodged. He was going to have to try something else to get the other man. But what? He didn't have too much time to think that through however, as he felt the air around him begin to move slightly with Sanemi's charge toward him.

Sanemi moved forward with fast, steady footsteps, almost appearing as if he were a ghost moving through the night. He smirked, feeling almost the sense of adrenaline rising in his body. He was having so much fun with this. He'd been waiting to fight someone like this for so long. This was exactly why Giyuu was his favourite sparring partner. He was a brilliant swordsman, a genius.

Giyuu felt his eyes almost narrow as he watched Sanemi move forward, his eyes almost glued to his every movement as he immediately realised what he was about to do. Immediately raising his sword in an automatic defensive reflex, he prepared himself for the other's next attack.

Sanemi watched with a small smirk as the other immediately raised his sword in a defensive position against his own attack. It was like they were dancing, their feet moving in almost synchronisation through the grass in this dance of swords.

Giyuu suddenly lunged forward in a fast, almost frenzied movement, his sword swung directly at the other's shoulder to see if it would hit its mark. If it did, he knew he'd most likely win. He had to try something, since all the other attacks he used so far seemed to only glance by the other's body before it quickly moved away.

Sanemi saw that attack coming the moment the other lunged forward, already expecting it. He knew Giyuu would try something new. That was just how he fought, he never gave up and continued to think about new attack strategies.He jumped into the air and dodged the other's sword once more, even going as far as to try and mock the other man by saying tauntingly with a mocking smirk. "Come on, you can do better than that!"