You Want To Die

Here's the next chapter, and the sort-of 'next part' of the name of the song I'm calling to. It's from a German short film from 2014, called 'Schee in Rio'. Again, the song is damn good. Anyways, warning! This chapter is quite violent, so be weary if this gets to be too much. I won't keep you reading this for long, I'm sure you wanna see what happens. Enjoy!
-Jooostan

Shattering the Stars
Chapter 28: You Want To Die

The lack of life around what was left of Hyrule Castle Town's drawbridge was unsettling. No chirps of insects, no signs of wild deer, rabbits, mice, absolutely nothing. Unnatural stillness exuded from the normally bustling area, reminding Link of the era of darkness brought about by the King of Evil, Ganondorf, back during his first adventure in his realm. The buildings around town, at least from where Link was able to see, looked in better shape than when they were under the reign of the Gerudo king, but that wasn't much to be happy about.

Link, Tael, Kirby, Mario, Luigi, Amy, Crystal, Erdrick, Solo, Eight, and Eleven stood just a few meters from the moat, their Passion burning with brazen determination. Their guides, Empyrea and Landia, were just behind them, waiting for the leader to make his decision.

"To think... we're finally here. This horrible nightmare can end," Link said, unsheathing his sword and arming himself with it and his shield. Mario, Amy, and Erdrick all took one step, but were stopped by Link. "Wait," he asked, "I just want you all to know, before we do this... I-I have no regrets. I'm proud to call you- To call all of you, my friends. It's truly been an honor, even in the short time we've spent together compared to our lives, I just hope the rest of you feel the same."

"Hey, Link, don't talk like that," Tael sat down on Link's shoulder, "None of us would be here if we didn't feel the same, right?" The number of nods from the rest of the group proved Tael's point.

"I'd say we found something very precious here, right?" Eleven put his arm around Solo, smiling wide as he alluded to the latter's feelings towards the other three swordsmen that he could safely call brothers.

"Yeah... Things are feeling pretty good," Solo said with a smile to match Eleven's, causing Eight and Erdrick to wear one as well. The amount of pride flowing through their vines shined brighter than polished platinum, and they all unsheathed their own swords, just as Link did.

Link was steadfast, believing it to be his purpose to counter the worst things imaginable. From Ganon, Majora, and the other foes he contended it, it was his duty to bring justice and tear the weed of evil from its very roots! He needed to flush it out where it thrived, and this was his moment to make good on what he believed he was meant to do.

Amy and Crystal were the only ones not to speak, even when Kirby shouted his trademark word. They simply held each other's hands, gazing into the other's eyes with admiration. The Inkling held her Dualies, the Octoling gripped her Octobrush, their Passion wrapping around the weapons and empowering them with the mystic Wave Energy. Some excess ink spurted out from their tools, showing just how powerful they were becoming with the help of The Passion.

Mario felt in his heart that he was up to this. He felt it necessary to bring retribution upon Shatterhand for what he did to his home, the Mushroom Kingdom. The memories of the Toads fleeing returned to him and Luigi, their business's destroyed, the entire town in shambles as was the one they were entering.

"You ready, bro?" Luigi asked Mario.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Mario said, a smirk beneath his moustache.

With that, the crusaders entered the town, taking each step carefully. They were eager to fight, but cautious of any traps. Except for Link and Tael, this world was foreign to the others, and even then, the two Terminians were taken aback by the destruction laid about by Shatterhand and his forces. Empyrea and Landia didn't fly, keeping with the heroes to provide the best assistance and strengthen the group.