Wilted Flowers

Not very much in terms of the author's note today, as I know that you all wanna get to the chapter. However, I will say that the two groups are going through their respective events at the same time, one half battling Shatterhand, the others fighting the captain. Anyways, beware, this one is unfortunately violent for our crusaders...
-Justan

Shattering the Stars
Chapter 29: Wilted Flowers

"LINK, MOVE!!"

Link's ears didn't pick up the sound, but he felt his whole body being pushed out of the way. Solo, having managed to recover from being kicked in the side, bolted towards Link and pushed him out of the way of Shatterhand's charge. Then, he sensed his entire body going into shock, with silence permeating the throne room as blood flew out and splattered against the wall and floor.

Shatterhand frowned, his only good hand creating a gaping hole not in Link's torso, but Solo's. His broken ribs thanks to Shatterhand's boots left his chest vulnerable, and it was remarkably easy for the fiend to plow his fist through his flesh. The green-haired hero sputtered, flinching violently as his attacker ripped his hand back through his body and left the hole wide open. Solo shivered, the damp, cool air hitting his insides and sending furious chills along his nerves.

"S-Solo..." Erdrick muttered, unable and unwilling to comprehend what was right before his eyes.

"Hm... A rare display of valiance from a lonely, depressed man," Shatterhand mocked as Solo slumped onto his knees, struggling to get his body to do anything. The red-haired maniac then put Galaxia into his other hand, powering up his stolen blade via the Dark Matter gauntlet. Then, just as all the darkness culminated at one point at the tip of the sword the golden glow of a Light arrow pierced it, causing a large explosion, sending Shatterhand straight into the door. The sword was completely obliterated, the gauntlet damaged in the blast.

Link, bow in hand, wore only a hollow glare as Shatterhand was dispatched just briefly. He knew the light could counter the dark, but his foe still possessed remarkable physical prowess, so he was uncertain how long Shatterhand would remain out of commission.

"Solo!" Erdrick scrambled to his feet and raced over to his friend, pulling him up into his arms. "Wh-Wh..." The normally bold hero stuttered, trying to get his mind to pick something, anything to say. "D-Don't worry, Solo, you're going to be alright. I just need to heal... Yeah, healing!"

Crystal rushed over to try and help Erdrick, them being the closest to her. Her side still throbbed, pain almost too much for her to even stand, but she managed. Hobbling over and going down onto her knees, her Passion instinctively started to wrap around Solo's damaged body, as did Erdricks'.

Meanwhile, Link slowly made his way over to Tael, dropping his bow and bending down. Carefully, he scooped his beloved fairy into his hands and sat down, silently pleading with his Goddesses to somehow save Tael's life.

"Tael...? Can- Can you hear me?" Link asked softly, his words wobbly, trying to fight back the urge to cry. When he received no response, a single droplet dripped down his cheek and hit the carpet, his body curling down in sorrow.

"L... L-Link..." Tael's purple light returned; it's glow horrifyingly faint. He was still holding on, trying to sit up in Link's hands. Only one of his little arms had the strength to hold him up, the other broken, along with his left leg. Both wings attempted to move, to flutter, but they couldn't.

Link looked at Tael with watery eyes. He wrapped his hands around the wounded fairy, wanting to protect him with his entire body.

"I'm... I'm alright, Link, honest..." Tael said, fighting to smile despite the ruthless damaged inflicted on his wings. They hurt the most, the veins that pumped blood to fuel his flight directly exposed.