Ep1 - "Could I Be the Chosen One?"

It's already nighttime as a young boy stays awake, waiting for his father to enter his room. Hearing a knock twice on the door, he turns his head to the door and a smile forms on his face. The door soon opens and his father walks in, smiling back at him.

He walks over to the chair beside his bed and takes a seat. The boy then asks, "Did you bring the book tonight too, dad?"

His father smiles, holding the book up in front of him. "Sure did, sport. I know how much you like it, even if I already read it to you like a million times"

The boy giggles at his comment. "You have been reading it to me ever since I was born and I'm like, how many years old now?"

"Hmm... 14?" His father answers, making the boy giggle again.

"Close... not really. I'm only half that age right now, dad"

"I know, I know. Anyways, are you ready to listen to the story?"

"Yeah"

The boy's father opens the book, starting from the first page. He begins to read to him while the boy listens attentively.

It's a story about his hero, Scarlet Mysmic, who once led an average life until the day they discovered they had the ability to control fire and that he was destined to save his town according to a prophecy.

At first, they hesitated to take upon such a responsibility, but they later found themself embarking on a quest to find a legendary sword to defeat Violet.

In the end, not only did they manage to defeat him, but they were also thanked by Princess Kelly in a form of a kiss. Even though it was only on the cheek, it was enough to make the hero blush much like the princess herself. Everyone then celebrated this victory with a party and that was end of the story.

"The end" The boy's father says, closing the book and turning his head to look at him. No matter how many times the boy already heard this story before, it never stopped leaving him in awe.

His father smiles, then lets out a yawn. "Well, I better head to bed now" He pats his head. "You get some rest now too"

"Okay, dad" The boy responds. His father gets up from his chair, walking over to the door with the book in his hand.

He's about to turn the lights off when the boy asks him something. "Dad... do you think there's a chance I could be the chosen one?"

His father stops and face him. "Oh, why do you ask?" He asked.

"Well..." The boy sits up, focusing with his mind as a tiny ball of fire starts to materialize above his palm, only for it to disappear quickly as it appeared. "I was born with this cool power yet I never get to use it for anything. And this is the same power that Scarlet has"

"You do have a point" His father admits.

"Then that means I could be the chosen one, right? I'm just still too young to take on that responsibility and I haven't gotten used to my power yet either. Maybe when I grow older and got used to my power..."

"Well, I can't say for sure" A soft smile then paints his father's face. "But whether or not you become the chosen one, I'll always be lucky to have you as my son"

This makes the boy smile too. "Not the answer I was expecting, but, thanks, dad"

"No problem. Anything else you want to talk about before I turn off the lights?"

The boy shakes his head. "No, I'm good" He positions himself in a comfortable position on the bed, hugging the blanket close.

"Night, dad"

"Good night, sport"