Ep13 - "Playing the Game Together"

Carmine and Vi simply enjoy watching the anime, sitting by each other's side while the kitten continues her seemingly endless rest on Vi's lap. They're about to play another episode of the anime when Vi remembers something.

"Oh no!" Vi exclaims as Carmine turns to face her. "I just remembered. I haven't yet played Heroes' Quest today and I can't do my daily quests now since... you know..." She looks down, knowing she won't be able to move her left arm for a while until it heals.

Seeing her expression, Carmine's mind goes to think about this.

"Vi looks quite sad. I'm guessing she doesn't like missing out on those daily quests so much. I wonder if I can do them for her? Would she be fine with that?"

After thinking about it, he asks the question that appeared in his mind. "How about I do those daily quests for you instead? I don't mind"

Vi turns to look at him and seems to be considering the idea before later replying with, "While I do appreciate your consideration, Carmine, I think I may have to pass up on your offer" She then smiles a little at him. "But thank you anyway"

Carmine ends up not saying anything back, not knowing what to say. He can't really say 'no problem' cause it's words he'd rather say when he feels deserving of the person's gratitude. And saying 'oh, that's alright' now feels a bit out of place too what with Vi thanking him in her last words.

"I do wish I can play through the daily quests today though" Vi sadly smiles at her phone. "But I suppose it can't be helped. The daily quests tend to repeat anyway. So it shouldn't matter much even if I were to miss one day, right?"

From this, Carmine could tell she really wanted to play the daily quests today if she could. But other than the idea he already shared with her, nothing else is coming to mind.

"Let's just continue watching the anime" Vi says. "I think we'd be able to finish all the episodes before your father comes to pick you up"

"Probably" Carmine simply says and the two continue watching the anime. But throughout the next episode, he can't really focus on the anime this time around and soon finds himself looking at her.

She doesn't seem to be enjoying it as much as the first few episodes and it's not like the episode itself has gotten less interesting either. Not to mention, she hasn't said a single word ever since the episode's started.

"Hmm..."

Just then, a scene in the anime catches Carmine's attention, which ends up giving him a new idea.

"Hey Vi" He calls out to her.

She turns to face him after pausing the video for the time being. "Hmm?"

"Wanna still play the daily quests today?"

"If it's possible, I would like to"

"Well then, how about this?"

Carmine then proceeds to share his idea with Vi. She becomes surprised by it and considers the idea for a moment.

"I suppose through that way I can still play them myself in a way" She says. "But that seems pretty difficult to do. It will also require good coordination on both sides. I'm not sure about this..."

"Well, we can at least give it a try" He replies. "Who knows? It might just go well and could be fun for us both"

"Hmm..." She considers the idea for a bit more before saying, "Alright"

Vi exits fullscreen mode and then the app itself. When she opens the Heroes' Quest game, Vi and Carmine hold her phone horizontally by each holding one end of the phone.

The game's menu screen soon shows and the start button's pressed. Once the game finishes loading, the two proceed to play through the daily quests together.

On one end of the phone, Vi controls the movement of the character, tapping on the arrows on the screen to do so. On the other end of the phone, Carmine is in charge of the attacks, special moves, jumping, and defense.

It's difficult for both to manage at first, but after playing the game for a while, they slowly get used to it and end up enjoying playing the game this way too. And eventually, all the daily quests are done for the day.

"Well, those are all the daily quests" Carmine says.

"Yes, I suppose it is" Vi replies.

They simply look at Crimson in the game as he idly stands there. The protagonist finds himself waiting for whichever they wanna do next now that they completed the daily quests.

After a few more moments, Carmine asks, "Wanna... maybe play some more?"

Hearing his question, Vi smiles at him in response. "I would love to"